got the need to get my redneck on...

ord.sgt.26NC

Gott mit uns!
anybody wheelin saturday at UNF? Thinkin of doing a day trip and none of my peeps feel like playin. Ain't scared to go it alone but I can be somebody's huckleberry too.

I'd love to go but my trailers at the welding shop, I'm going to make it a point to wheel with ya sometime soon

Man, if this was next weekend... I have been travelingfor over two weeks straight and went to Harlan last weekend so I am just exhausted.

I just noticed your signature. Do you really wheel an M38?!? That's awesome!

ahhhh....I feel much better now. The trails were nice and damp. Not many people at all out there and all acted with some sense of decency. Did put my foot in my mouf with 2 jk drivers. Got hung up coming down a hill on RML (you know the one after you enter the trail off the gravel road...like you used to go to Kodak) anyhooo..I got half way down and had a group coming up so I swooped into a water berm so they could pass. Had a built rubby and a built toyo bringing up the rear.There was one spot and man it was killin them trying to get up it and killin me waiting. They spun,backed up,hit it,spun again etc etc you get the picture.Finally they got by and went on.I backed out and eased on down.Yea,it was a little slick and yea,there were a couple of holes that could catch your tire in but come on.So I went to the botton and 2 jk unlimiteds were sitting there pointing down hill like me.I just ASSUMED they were going the same as me.I asked the one why those other monkeys were struggling so hard? Those were my words too.He said he didn't know."Well",I said"I'll turn around and go up and SEE what the problem was." I had noooooo problems going up,turning around ,and coming back down. Got back to the 2 jk drivers and told them I figured the problem out and it was user error. The other monkeys(my words again) didn't know how to use 4 wheel drive to their advantage. Dudet said to me"We tried too but couldn't get up it.We backed back down and turned around to go out the way we came". So them I looked up in the sky...said"fuggggg , sorry bout that.Better luck next time" and left them to their endevoures.
It was too freakin hot with no breeze.
Had fun wheelin by myself tho with my c.b. off and my music blarrin. Only trail I didn't do from one end to the other was D.B. Ran Dutch John completely and Daniel from the double parking lot to the top.Hit the rest of the weaker trails too. Nice relaxing day.

what are your plans for her? What ya need?

Still gathering parts and assessing. Going for a "like stock" restoration but not concours, numbers-matching stuff. Ideally I would like to put it together and make the Bantam Jeep Festival next June but I have a LONG way to go for that (okay, I need to get started!)

Saw you out there, that is a neat rig!!! (I was driving the big gray Ram Power Wagon with the canoe on the top) Awesome to see such a period correct looking Willys actually getting wheeled!!!!

I didn't realise that was you. Sorry I had to end our conversation when I was sitting in the shade man. Felt kind of bad like I was brushing you off. Was talking with a Aunt about a cousin passing away early sat. mornin and she is long winded on the phone too.

I didn't realise that was you. Sorry I had to end our conversation when I was sitting in the shade man. Felt kind of bad like I was brushing you off. Was talking with a Aunt about a cousin passing away early sat. mornin and she is long winded on the phone too.

No worries! I apologize for interrupting your call; very sorry to hear about your cousin.

Back