Grade 8 Bolt Sources?

R Q

Do you have a specific go to place for assorted grade 8 hardware? I'm looking on Amazon and Ebay for now. I usually pick some up at local hardware stores but I never seem to have what I need in the shop. A good assortment would be great.

Since you have a business I’d bet you could get a company like performance or wurth to come and dot it. That’s what we use and my guy is getting me a setup for the house

By the pound is definitely an advantage. Even nicer when the cashier doesn’t know the difference in bolt quality lol 😂
Is Tractor Supply by the pound? If so thats where I'll go. Northern used to be like that.

Tractor supply for bolts, washers, and regular nuts. If you need lock nuts, they sell individual bags and are insane. Buy a bag of lock nuts from Amazon, fastenal, or McMaster.

Y’all are lucky. My local TSC has a proper shit show for a bolt bar. I usually grab bolts from work and throw the boss some dollhairs.

Y’all are lucky. My local TSC has a proper shit show for a bolt bar. I usually grab bolts from work and throw the boss some dollhairs.
Yeah I get most of my random bolts from work. But my dad is the boss and I toss him 0 dollhairs 🤣

I needed 50 5/8 - 7" for my shop and got them from Agri-supply. They sell by the pound as well.

Yeah I get most of my random bolts from work. But my dad is the boss and I toss him 0 dollhairs 🤣

I needed 50 5/8 - 7" for my shop and got them from Agri-supply. They sell by the pound as well.

Their grade 8 selection was way down last time I was bolt shopping, and while they do price by the pound, you still have to separate the washers, nuts, bolts, etc because they're all different per pound. But they do have more of the larger sizes.

Duane

I order a bunch from Amazon every once in a while. (Link below) Last I got was in 2020, got one set of grade 8 and a couple of similar sets of grade 5. Same set was $209 when I got it, $499 now. Quality is good. Don't know about the compared value since Biden did the price adjustment.

Every once in a while I need something other than what I got, usually one-offs come from McMaster or the local industrial supply (Cruco).

I order a bunch from Amazon every once in a while. (Link below) Last I got was in 2020, got one set of grade 8 and a couple of similar sets of grade 5. Same set was $209 when I got it, $499 now. Quality is good. Don't know about the compared value since Biden did the price adjustment.

Every once in a while I need something other than what I got, usually one-offs come from McMaster or the local industrial supply (Cruco).

CRUCO is who we use at work for bolts and a whole lot more when it comes to plant operations. They are good and can source about anything you can imagine but they are actually just the middle man so you pay for thier services plus the items.

Hey Richard, is the Monroe hardware store still there in Mint Hill? If so I remember they had a great selection all the way up to 1 inch.
Monroe closed but a new Ace is in there and they have the bolts and so does Renfrow's in Matthews. It's not that I can't find or get them, I'm just trying to not pay high retail prices at $4-$5 a bolt. Plus in those places you have to write down the quantity, price and code of each bolt and nut and washer and I don't want a bolt buying run to take 2 hours. I was hoping to find an assortment online but they start at 1/4" and go thru 1/2". At this point I need 3/8", 1/2", and 7/16" of various lengths so off to TS I'll be a going.

Monroe closed but a new Ace is in there and they have the bolts and so does Renfrow's in Matthews. It's not that I can't find or get them, I'm just trying to not pay high retail prices at $4-$5 a bolt. Plus in those places you have to write down the quantity, price and code of each bolt and nut and washer and I don't want a bolt buying run to take 2 hours. I was hoping to find an assortment online but they start at 1/4" and go thru 1/2". At this point I need 3/8", 1/2", and 7/16" of various lengths so off to TS I'll be a going.
I just take a picture of each price barcode and tell them how many at the counter. Screw writing all of that crap down. They’re always cool with it at the counter.

Back