Grade 8 Bolt Sources?

We have $150,000 in nuts and bolts in each of our stores and I think we have the largest open to the public nuts and bolts display in NC and VA. At our stores all you need is the price , no sku's required and most stores I have been into are the same. Bolts have a decent margin , but when you consider some of the slow inventory turns and keeping a team member in those aisles we arent getting rich.

We have $150,000 in nuts and bolts in each of our stores and I think we have the largest open to the public nuts and bolts display in NC and VA. At our stores all you need is the price , no sku's required and most stores I have been into are the same. Bolts have a decent margin , but when you consider some of the slow inventory turns and keeping a team member in those aisles we arent getting rich.

IMG_7202.jpeg
IMG_7201.jpeg
IMG_7200.jpeg

What's the store?

I'm pretty spoiled. We have a fastener specialty store in Hickory. I guess it's left over from the furniture boom. It's where I get pretty much everything. One of the last stores you can go in and have a 50/50 chance of getting help by the owner. If they don't have it, its something odd and I get it from McMaster.

I'm pretty spoiled. We have a fastener specialty store in Hickory. I guess it's left over from the furniture boom. It's where I get pretty much everything. One of the last stores you can go in and have a 50/50 chance of getting help by the owner. If they don't have it, its something odd and I get it from McMaster.

Our company used to order specialty bolts through them, and you could get basically anything. It was not uncommon for someone to spec out a metric thread with standard head, or opposite, and they would procure it.

For some Specialty Item I can't find locally, I either hit up one of the Fastener Supply stores, or Fastenal. I got Fastenal just down the street from me.
Can you walk into your fastenal? Our local store closed its doors to walk-in business. Have to have an account and call ahead for will call orders. Also their pickup time is ridiculous. Like 3 hrs out of the day M-F.

Faulk Brothers used to be my go to in Charlotte not sure if they keep much in the line of hardware supplies since moving to their current location. I've found that Harrisburg hardware has a decent supply and their prices are very good.

Back