gun transfer?

You don't, as long as he's in NC. It's a long gun, you're 18. He sells it to you, it's now yours. There is no "in your name".

Buying a pistol face to face in state is pretty easy too. Only difference is that you will have to stop by the Sheriff's dept, pay $5 and get a (or multiple) pistol permit or your CHP. As the seller, the law says you have to make sure that person has one of the two. But again, there is no "government registration" of any firearm other than the paperwork the original gun dealer still has on file.

Keep your name off all guns!!!!

^^ this!

If it was given to you, or you enherited it. It is yours now. long guns are'nt registered here yet........... If it makes you feel better, just hold it and say "THIS IS MY GUN":lol:

so when selling a long gun, should one keep any paperwork on who they sell it to? I know you must on a pistol, but have bought/sold rifles without doing so, but most of that was selling something that was not bought new by me, so there was no way it would trace back to me, so I didn't worry too much.

So if I have a rifle bought new, should I keep the buyers drivers license # or something?

its kind of like a used car i always write up something with both parties info and the vehicle just in case tax guy wants money two years down the road. when i sell a gun i write up something and put the name, dob, dl, and address on it with the gun info and date. just for cya

What's paper work? I can't read or write anyway....

On a long gun, dont worry about it. If it is a pistol an is registered in your name, Write up something, If it is not registered in your name, say you bought it from someone else, Dont worry about that either.

Buying a pistol face to face in state is pretty easy too. Only difference is that you will have to stop by the Sheriff's dept, pay $5 and get a (or multiple) pistol permit or your CHP. As the seller, the law says you have to make sure that person has one of the two. But again, there is no "government registration" of any firearm other than the paperwork the original gun dealer still has on file.
This, and it is a good idea to write up a bill of sale, date and sign it and both the seller and buyer keep a copy.

I have always done it like this: We agree on a price for a gun in cash. After sell we agree to what cash? what gun?

Back