Guys who haul 2 rigs- tell me about your trailer

REDLYNER

Mall Crawling Race Rig
For those who haul two buggies, jeeps, etc to offroad events, what kind of setup are you running?

I'm looking to get more educated on enclosed trailers specifically. I'm guessing my cargo would be around 9000lbs + weight of the trailer.

Do you have a living quarters?
How long is deck for two rigs?
Idea of the weight of the trailer?
What truck are you using to tow it?

You want to haul two jeeps in an enclosed trailer with living quarters?

Gonna need a 4500 or bigger truck (MDT is better) and a 53' trailer.

No LQ, it can be a 36-40ft gooseneck and a 3500 dually.

Also, the vast majority of enclosed trailers out there are pure shit.

You want to haul two jeeps in an enclosed trailer with living quarters?

Gonna need a 4500 or bigger truck (MDT is better) and a 53' trailer.

No LQ, it can be a 36-40ft gooseneck and a 3500 dually.

Also, the vast majority of enclosed trailers out there are pure shit.

I was thinking I saw a few guys on here hauling this kind of setup with a dually. I've seen lots of flat bed options, interested to see if anyone is doing it enclosed.

I should clarify that while my car may be in the setup, I'm not purchasing it. Someone is looking to upgrade and asked me about going from a one car hauler to a two car. My car would benefit by getting to hitch hike. I was thinking I saw something like this roll through and event or two

Two vehicles in an enclosed trailer PLUS living space sounds like a REALLY long trailer, like at least 45' long.

Two vehicles in an enclosed trailer PLUS living space sounds like a REALLY long trailer, like at least 45' long.

Mine is a 36' and it only holds one TJ (even then, only barely). Add another 13ft for the second TJ gets you to 49, but typical sizes are in 4' multiples up to 53' max.

Looking around after some feedback here I found a few 45+ Footers that seemed like would fit the bill. Not sure where this guy would store something like that, but being that I would get to hitch a ride, I said I would do some looking around.

I spent too much time web surfing this and thought I would post up. No one at work wanted to entertain my conversation lol. In my browsing though I did learn about some kick ass toy haulers. People have built some incredible home away from home haulers.

His holds 2 rigs but is mostly all business and is 45', iirc.

Will's trailer is a 44' without living quarters.

And yes, I missed the comment about 9k in cargo. Mine weighs about 11,500 empty and about 18k ready for the weekend. We pack light. If you're race ready with spares, pit box, etc, you're going to be heavy.

You could shorten the trailer up and go with a stacker :D

Get a a decent tractor with living quarters and you'll be set.

Did Chicky ever sell his setup?

@rockcity Is Chickys rig for sale?

Hard pressed to get two jeeps in a stacker. You can put ATVs, maybe RZRs up top, but that's it.

I've seen this setup with the vehicles somewhat stacked in a big box truck with living quarters. Big, but badass. I could think of many drawbacks though.

image.jpg

Stacker but need a big truck to pull!

if it helps, mine is 24'

the buggy fits with some LQ and a little left over space. definitely would have to be close to double in length for 2 rigs. my buggy WB is 117" btw

without LQ, you could get away with 34-36' depending the 2 rigs

Last edited:
If it were me I'd be looking for something with the words Eaton Fuller on the shifter.
You're looking at a lot of weight with 44+ feet with living quarters.
We used to tow 2 Mustangs, a dune buggy and a weekend's worth of spares, fuel, tools, etc in our NMRA racing days. We easliy surpassed the 27k mark rolling down the road. However, our licenses happen to have CDL on them as well.
You seem to be in Toterhome territory IMO. Medium and heavy duty trucks can handle that weight no sweat and much more safely too.

I saw a 53' with Full LQ with a low mileage Kodiak for a pretty good deal, the guys hauls multiple Ultra4 cars around plus a golf cart. But that's a lot of machine to store, especially for HOA guys.

Great idea in theory, but i personally don't see how it would work for his application.

With 44' you can haul two average size offroad rigs with about 10' of space left on the deck then plus whatever tongue you have. Mine's not finished living quarters in the front but I do have a shitter/shower combo in the front corner and fold down bunk beds. It has a roll down/Velcro/zipper partition that's nice for keeping he heat/ac contained to the living area. Don't know that if really ever buy a finished living quarters just because I like the utility of the open space. Especially when taking everything you think you want to race with to California.

Back