Harlan in August

89wrangler

Not a new member
1) Is anyone going 2) Anyone camping in Evarts behind the Dairy Hut, If not where?

Trying to pan ahead for the next trip I can make. Not working out as well as I would have hoped for this year.......April Jeep will not be done. May, wanted to go but wife can't, is closing out school year. June will be in Indiana. July will be wheeling in CO ( not a bad thing), so Aug is next in line.
Thanks

Harlan in August is a dust bowl but a damn good time. Highly advised to night run to keep the temps manageable IMO.

Dry rocks are cool, I made it up Creampuff without spinning a tire :D

if I have my gooseneck by then I'm game.

@89wrangler I usually camp at the Putney trail head. The location and facilities are much much nicer.
Doesn't matter to me. Just trying to find out where most of the folks will be. Although having the Dairy Hut ( if still open) is a plus..lol

Yes, soft serve ice cream while you're hanging out is definitely a plus in August :cool:

Harlan is an awesome place. I like camping and staying on the Putney side just for the camping and cabins and shower facilities and stuff. They’re super nice. The only thing I don’t like about it is the location. After taking the trail up and making that jacked up switch back that can be hell sometimes, you finally get up to where you can go places where as on the Evarts side, you’re pretty much right there when you go in. Not to mention if you need gas you’re going out Evarts side anyways.

Harlan County campground, takes 20 mins to get to evarts side, not hard. Facilities are more secure from tweak thieves
Well, they are all booked.

I'm planning on going. Right now I'm planning on tent camping some where

Back