Harlen KY

Rockeater

KentuckyMountainCrawler said:
The best place to camp is off of
HWY38 about 5.5-6 miles outside of Harlan.

It's on the right going towards Evarts.
Big field and its only 3 miles or so to Trail Head

I've got a campsite next to the convention center.

How do we know where to meet to ride and for dinner, etc ?

JB

route

I was there this past weekend. The better route will be 25E off I-81 4 miles north of the I-40 junction. Run 25E to hwy 119, then 119 straight to Harlan. If you run 421 be prepared for a lot of curves and a lot of hard pulling before you get to Ky.

LARRY SMITH said:
I was there this past weekend. The better route will be 25E off I-81 4 miles north of the I-40 junction. Run 25E to hwy 119, then 119 straight to Harlan. If you run 421 be prepared for a lot of curves and a lot of hard pulling before you get to Ky.

Thanks Larry !!! :beer:

Soooooooooooo how was it ?

JB

LARRY SMITH said:

Was this your rig?
and what did you think.
yota_151.jpg

77jeepcj said:
alot of our club ( Mountaineer Off Road) is leaving thursday and friday headed to Harlan

I'm leaving Friday morning. Any of you guys gonna be staying at the RV park ?

JB

LARRY SMITH said:

So how long did it take you to get there Larry ? I'm leaving from Thomasville.

JB

It dont look like ill be going - not after my t/case explosion. I need to find a replacement t/case ;( and put in my new radiator.

Time

The trip took around 5 hrs to Gastonia, including serveral stops, luch at Wendy's, fuel stop, Flying J to dump holding tanks. I think the distance was around 250 for me.

Back