Hatfield McCoy ATV and UTV Trails Information

shawn

running dog lackey of the oppressor class
Administrator
The Hatfield McCoy trails are a network of over 600 miles of ATV, UTV, and Jeep/4x4 trails stretching roughly from Bluefield, WV to Charleston, WV. It is currently comprised of eight separate riding areas. Some areas are connected to others via connector trails.

Hatfield McCoy Website Link

Please check the Hatfield McCoy site for the most up-to-date information.

Riding areas are listed in alphabetical order below. Clicking on the name of the trail system will take you to the trail system information page on Hatfield McCoy's site. Clicking on the name of the nearest town will take you to a Google map of the trailhead location.

Trail Systems by Name

Bearwallow (Near Logan, WV)
67 miles of ATV/UTV Trails (8 miles are single track only)
One trail head with parking and restrooms

Buffalo Mountain (Near Delbarton, WV)
102 miles of ATV/UTV Trails (23 miles are single track only)
Direct trail access to the towns of Williamson, Delbarton, and Matewan, WV
Two trail heads, each with parking and restrooms (one south of Williamson on Rt.52 and one in Matewan)

Indian Ridge (Near Ashland, WV)
63 miles of ATV/UTV Trails (6 miles are single track only)
Link trail to Pinnacle Creek System
Link trail to Pocahontas Trail System

Ivy Branch (In Lincoln County, Adjacent to Little Coal River System) Opening July 2013
Additional Information available in H/M Press Release (Link)
75 miles of full size 4x4 trails

Little Coal River (Near Julian, WV)
55 miles of ATV/UTV Trails (6 miles are single track only)

Rockhouse (Near Man, WV)
89 miles of ATV/UTV Trails (7 miles are single track only)
Direct trail access to the towns of Man and Gilbert, WV
One trail head with parking restrooms

Pinnacle Creek (Near Pineville, WV)
80 miles of ATV/UTV Trails (8 miles are single track only)
Link trail to Indian River System (and on to Pocahontas System)
Link trails to the towns of Pineville & Mullens, WV

Pocahontas Trail (Near Bramwell, WV)
57 miles of ATV/UTV Trails (3 miles are single track only)
Link trail to Indian Ridge System (and on to Pinnacle Creek System)
One trail head with parking and porta-johns. Restrooms to be constructed in 2013.

Trail Maps
Garmin GPS Maps have been created by "craftycoder" from advrider.com (Discussion thread link)
Click here to go directly to the GPS map downloads

PDF copies of the official Hatfield-McCoy maps have been archived below. Please check the Hatfield McCoy site for the most up-to-date maps.

Bearwallow System:
Bearwallow-September-2012.pdf

Buffalow Mountain System:
Buffalo-MTN-June-2012.pdf

Indian Ridge System:
IndianRidge-March-2013.pdf

Little Coal River System:
LC-March-2012.pdf

Pinnacle System:
Pinnacle-June-28-2012.pdf

Pocahontas Trail System:
Pocahontas-User-Map-51812.pdf

Rockhouse System:
Rockhouse-User-October-26-2012.pdf

Attachments

• Bearwallow-September-2012.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 736
  • Buffalo-MTN-June-2012.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 792
  • IndianRidge-March-2013.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 689
  • LC-March-2012.pdf
    640 KB · Views: 673
  • Pinnacle-June-28-2012.pdf
    390.1 KB · Views: 586
  • Pocahontas-User-Map-51812.pdf
    290.8 KB · Views: 660
  • Rockhouse-User-October-26-2012.pdf
    11.1 KB · Views: 591
Last edited:
I've ran Rockhouse and Pinnacle over the last 5 years and its a blast. Some of the best, if not the best trail riding on the east coast.

I've ran Rockhouse and Pinnacle over the last 5 years and its a blast. Some of the best, if not the best trail riding on the east coast.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind spending a few days up there in a SXS. I just don't want to spend the money that a sxs costs. :lol:

The craftycoder guy posted his maps to another site (link) that overlays the trails on a google map. I guess that other site is going offline soon, so I tried to download the maps and import them back into a new google map. It gives me a .kml, but Google won't accept it for some reason. I tried converting the gpx files back to kml, and it'll import those, but some of the trails are missing.... and not the same trails every time. :rolleyes:

Would be nice to get it all pulled into one map so that you could see where everything was and how the pieces hooked together.

I looked all over and aside from the wordage of "follow manufacturer recommendations," what are the rules for riding doubles on four wheelers? I've added a truck and backrest, so not sure if that would allow for doubles or not.

Just got back from my third trip this year.
Road about 180 miles in the Teryx in 3 days, what a blast.
I can't get enough of that area and the freedoms UTV's have.

I looked all over and aside from the wordage of "follow manufacturer recommendations," what are the rules for riding doubles on four wheelers? I've added a truck and backrest, so not sure if that would allow for doubles or not.
no doubles unless the ATV is built for it from the manufacturer.

HOWEVER, we mostly ride Outlaw trails anyway and theres basically no rules there. No helmets no age restriction, can ride at dark ect.

Anyone who is looking at going check out Cross Trails ATV resort, we have stayed 3 times and its the most convenient to trails, safe for your stuff and very comfortable.

Any recent updates or recommendations on places to stay or camp close to trails. Thanks

Back