GotWood

Sayer of Fact
Is this the proper set up?

Attachments

• IMAG0205.jpg
    IMAG0205.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 283
Need a little more info.

Yes, you just need a longer tongue on the bottome one.

LOL just caught it!

Come on nimrod. They top one is for the new hover trailers that are being sold through Dr Browns hover supply inc. They take a special hitch that allows the tethered trailer to follow behind and above a regular wheeled trailer. Since the technology is new the DOT requires a wheeled trailer to be pulled under the hover trailer to keep the hover from crashing to the pavement in the event of a failure. The great advantage of this setup is it allows a vehicle to tow twice as much in a single trip without doubling the GVRW.

Come on nimrod. They top one is for the new hover trailers that are being sold through Dr Browns hover supply inc. They take a special hitch that allows the tethered trailer to follow behind and above a regular wheeled trailer. Since the technology is new the DOT requires a wheeled trailer to be pulled under the hover trailer to keep the hover from crashing to the pavement in the event of a failure. The great advantage of this setup is it allows a vehicle to tow twice as much in a single trip without doubling the GVRW.

maybe his wife has a Delorean and a hover trailer. Just incase he had to borrow her trailer when she was at work he made this set up HAHA :bounce2:

i actually googled Dr Browns hover supply hahaha

Maybe it is a home-made version of this :lol::

I have seen that used on a SuperDuty that had a slide-in camper that hung out a couple feet and the guy still wanted to tow behind it. Looked like a serious hitch.

Most of those tow bumpers are either not rated for towing (for accessories only) or are rated very low. If they're actually pulling much with it they probably needed a real trailer hitch.

I know a TJ is only rated to 2,000 lbs, but I'm sure plenty of people have used them for far more.

Back