Head Unit

NCJeeplover

What head units are you guys running? What has held up and which ones to avoid.

I'm getting ready to find one for my wifes excursion and don't want to sink 200 bucks in one to regret it.

Fixing to throw this one in the truck. Back up camera for it is $22. Apple CarPlay makes your navigation and everything on your phone come up on the screen when plugged in. If you don’t have IPhone, you’d need to get one with Android Auto.

Even without CarPlay/Auto, you get Bluetooth and it will control your music from the head unit. For me, since I’m usually towing 4+ hours I want all of my functions to work. This unit has really good reviews.

Pioneer AVH-1300NEX Multimedia DVD Receiver with 6.2" WVGA Display/Apple CarPlay/Built-in Bluetooth/SiriusXM-Ready/AppRadio Mode https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073BNFTV7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_jh1eEbG8VVCNF

All depends on what youre after. My truck has a $30 unit from walmart. Only has AM/FM/BT. Works well for what I needed.

In for learning because the radio in my Ram shit the bed about a year ago.

Fixing to throw this one in the truck. Back up camera for it is $22. Apple CarPlay makes your navigation and everything on your phone come up on the screen when plugged in. If you don’t have IPhone, you’d need to get one with Android Auto.

Even without CarPlay/Auto, you get Bluetooth and it will control your music from the head unit. For me, since I’m usually towing 4+ hours I want all of my functions to work. This unit has really good reviews.

Pioneer AVH-1300NEX Multimedia DVD Receiver with 6.2" WVGA Display/Apple CarPlay/Built-in Bluetooth/SiriusXM-Ready/AppRadio Mode https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073BNFTV7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_jh1eEbG8VVCNF

I was actually looking at the radio one step below that one. I don't need car play or anything to hook to my phone, just bluetooth. I like the backup camera, that's one of the things I was looking for.

https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-AVH-...32HPAEJPEBD&psc=1&refRID=GAAYJSD0B32HPAEJPEBD

There is a HUGE amount of Chinese head units that have good reviews, but I don't 100% trust online reviews. I trust the reviews on here.

I'm mainly wondering what everyone is using how its holding up. One more thing that's important to me is the ability to see the time without pushing any buttons. Apparently that's something not all do anymore.

I just installed a $50 Blaupunkt Baltimore stereo from Walmart in my Jeep. It even came with a pair of speakers. It's exactly like the Chinese models you see on Amazon and eBay. I had to buy a backup camera for it ($15). It has mirrorlink for Android and BT of course. It sounds great (clear and plenty of power), the AM/FM, BT, touch screen, and backup camera functions flawlessly. The only downside I have is the car phone microphone does not work with road noise. So, no bueno in a Jeep soft top.

There is a HUGE amount of Chinese head units that have good reviews, but I don't 100% trust online reviews. I trust the reviews on here.

I'm mainly wondering what everyone is using how its holding up. One more thing that's important to me is the ability to see the time without pushing any buttons. Apparently that's something not all do anymore.

I have a chinese unit in my car, there is no option for a clock. Didnt know i needed to look for that before then. The tuner has been slowly dying in it, so I am on the hunt for a new one.

I will be looking for one with android built in, so i can have apps on the unit vs connecting with a chord.

Update, I finally bought this unit and installed it in my truck. I absolutely love it and couldn’t be happier. Probably gonna put in in my car as well now. It is everything I hoped it would be!

Back