Help pricing Ford Ranger

WARRIORWELDING

Owner opperator Of WarriorWelding LLC.
As it says I need some help pricing a truck. I'm a horrible salesperson. I never do well in the pricing of damn near anything.
Edit: darn things is a 97
I have a Ford Ranger Std cab. 2wd. 2nd owner.
188k 4 cylinder auto. Runs like a top, no oil use or smoke.
Needs tires. Has the aluminum Ford wheels for the higher trim of the year.
Interior stained floor no tears. Dash and all instruments works. "Classic" tape deck.
Manual locks and doors.
Crack across lower windshield. Never caused me inspection issues. We are safety only and I know my people.
No codes.
All signals and lights good.
AC Blows cold on high blend door hangs up.
Small door dings, no rust never wrecked.
Come with black plastic tool box and bed mat.

Now the bad. Has a valve body from the larger engine so it has a higher fluid pressure. Shifts firmer. Can be adjusted.

Now the worse. I haven't looked into it but under decel it's not down shifting as it should. Loads up? No revs just hesitates then clunks rather objectionably when warm.

I have the old valve body thought to be bad. Turned out to be in the harness. Little cleaning fixed it rig up after installing the new one and problem of no electronic over drive persisted. This was over five or more years ago.

My family has put 110k of the miles on it.

What say ye? I need it sold but not stold. Sold but not advertised as pristine.

It's green.

Last edited:
As it says I need some help pricing a truck. I'm a horrible salesperson. I never do well in the pricing of damn near anything.

I have a Ford Ranger Std cab. 2wd. 2nd owner.
188k 4 cylinder auto. Runs like a top, no oil use or smoke.
Needs tires. Has the aluminum Ford wheels for the higher trim of the year.
Interior stained floor no tears. Dash and all instruments works. "Classic" tape deck.
Manual locks and doors.
Crack across lower windshield. Never caused me inspection issues. We are safety only and I know my people.
No codes.
All signals and lights good.
AC Blows cold on high blend door hangs up.
Small door dings, no rust never wrecked.
Come with black plastic tool box and bed mat.

Now the bad. Has a valve body from the larger engine so it has a higher fluid pressure. Shifts firmer. Can be adjusted.

Now the worse. I haven't looked into it but under decel it's not down shifting as it should. Loads up? No revs just hesitates then clunks rather objectionably when warm.

I have the old valve body thought to be bad. Turned out to be in the harness. Little cleaning fixed it rig up after installing the new one and problem of no electronic over drive persisted. This was over five or more years ago.

My family has put 110k of the miles on it.

What say ye? I need it sold but not stold. Sold but not advertised as pristine.

It's green.
year?

The problem is... you're trying to decelerate. Is BroLite still around?
That would be my solution :D

Well like anyone who ever sells anything.......price it at or a little higher than what you want out of it......then keep lowering the price until it sells

whatever it sells at is what its worth.

start at $500k if you want to.

Well crap all that info and no year model.

year?

The problem is... you're trying to decelerate. Is BroLite still around?
That would be my solution :D

And I have considered swapping it to manual. But I have to many things to juggle. I have realized I'll never be back in my Jeep if I keep maintaining what I currently have. Not enough time or money.

IMG_20230915_120527565_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230915_120541288_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230915_120612152_HDR.jpg

Back