Help with 76 CJ7

CasterTroy

Faster'N You
From what I can find in Search.......the wheelbase of a CJ7 can be stretched to ***EDIT 100" EDIT*** by doing a SOA and flipping the front shackles, then using XJ springs

Do you use XJ spring front and rear?

I'm assuming you then need to get longer front AND rear drive shafts

Reason I ask is I JUST ran across a bone ass stock CJ7 that I'd like to research doing some mild modifying to. Lift, waggy or cherokee axles, cage. Thats the extent for now.

Waggy axles with discs will require a brake booster from a jeep with discs right? Since this 76 had 4-wheel shoes.

I HATE J.U. so I don't want to use it a source of info....and not ventured to pirate yet. I was hoping to get some advice from the guys here that have done some CJ playing, and tell me whether this is a worthwhile venture, lifting and using waggy axles, or if another route would be wiser for maybe later mods.

Also, are there bolt in/weld in kits for extending the cage over to the windshield? Or do people always have that fabricated by an "expert"

Don't hit me if I'm wrong, but I think the CJ-7 WB is already 93 inches, or did I dream that up? Wasn't the CJ-5 80 inches first, then stretched to 83 inches, and the CJ-7 came out at 93 inches? Hell, I could still be having IFS side effects, who knows. AMCJeepman is one of yer best sources of info on this subject.

Back