HF Plasma Cutter

Falconshatz. Got an email from Arc Solutions today, the 35 amp version is now on sale for $400, free shipping, and a $100 rebate :eek:
I'm really pleased with the 45 amp unit. 35 amp seems to be the derated version of the same thing.

Falconshatz. Got an email from Arc Solutions today, the 35 amp version is now on sale for $400, free shipping, and a $100 rebate :eek:
I'm really pleased with the 45 amp unit. 35 amp seems to be the derated version of the same thing.
Ok never used one and don't know much but I know they use air to cut. What kind of compressor do they need?

I’ve been told they use a lot of air but haven’t set mine up to know for certain. I’m running a 60gal compressor and expect that’ll be fine for most of my usage.

Ok never used one and don't know much but I know they use air to cut. What kind of compressor do they need?
Air.

:D

A typical home compressor will be fine. The operating range for mine is 55-73psi I believe, and if its over 73psi it just regulates it down, so no worries.

Specs from the website say 3.9cfm:
1673381219847.png

Thanks I looked for that but was on the Arc site not the Firepower site. Duh!

Unless you're doing production work, a 60gal is more than enough. Get the air as dry as possible to help make consumables last.

@jeepinmatt 3/4" seems impressive. I haven't tried, but I dont believe my Everlast 50A would get that done.

I learned this week that the chinese really know how to make these things a pain to work on if something goes bad. Everlast sent me a new board under warranty, but I had to disassemble 3/4 of the machine and de-solder some stuff to replace it.

Attachments

• IMG_5384.jpeg
    IMG_5384.jpeg
    226.1 KB · Views: 74
@jeepinmatt 3/4" seems impressive. I haven't tried, but I dont believe my Everlast 50A would get that done.
I need to use a bit more, and then follow up on the 3/4" once the consumables have some more wear on them. Everything is impressive when its fresh, haha.

Unless you're doing production work, a 60gal is more than enough. Get the air as dry as possible to help make consumables last.

I learned this week that the chinese really know how to make these things a pain to work on if something goes bad. Everlast sent me a new board under warranty, but I had to disassemble 3/4 of the machine and de-solder some stuff to replace it.
Looks like 90 percent of any new welder inside. Lincoln and Miller are no different. We kept a few fried units around the college for show and tell. Mostly to stress to the students how much they was like a computer. We hoped it would help them understand care and statements like: "Get your damn monster off the welder and in the garbage where it belongs".

@WARRIORWELDING were you the one that posted a while back, like a couple years ago, about getting in a bunch of Miller's and them being dead or something like that?

I’ve had my Amazon China cut50 for 3-4 years now. It has well exceeded my expectations
My dad just got me a CUT55 a few months ago. It's dual voltage, so far I've only used it on 110v, but it cut 1/4 pretty well. Would have done better if I had taken the guard/slide piece off so it wasn't in the way, but it worked out in the end. Want to try it on 240v so I can turn it up beyond half. I'm sure it'd do fine for sheet metal in 110v.

Thanks everyone for all the great info in this thread! If I get the 45i for the ability to cut thicker material, am I sacrificing artistic-type “finer” cutting ability on thinner metal? Like would the 35i perform cleaner/better on thinner stuff?

Thanks everyone for all the great info in this thread! If I get the 45i for the ability to cut thicker material, am I sacrificing artistic-type “finer” cutting ability on thinner metal? Like would the 35i perform cleaner/better on thinner stuff?
No, the 35i and 45i are the same size and weight, so most everything about them should be the same, they just have the 45i turnt up.

I know the pain there, I have a 62i lol

I grabbed one while my Everlast was in for warranty repair (8wks). The Everlast will be for sale this weekend.

Who’s got a link to consumables? They aren’t the same as what I have already.

Back