Hickory area, Relay for life. Need rigs for display.

uglyjeepoffroad

Registered Loser
Hickory area, Relay for life. Need rigs for display.(edit, Wrong date :rolleyes:)

:rolleyes: The new church my wife is working at now is setting up their first Relay for Life for the American Cancer society. It is a great cause and all of the proceeds go to the charity. My mother passed away from cancer in '97 and the people from the Cancer Society were great. This is a cause that touches almost everyone.
They were joking about me driving the Commando to the relay and all of the kids went nuts wanting to see it. I am trying to see if some of the local guys would want to come out and we can have a little 4x4 display on the grounds. Anyone is welcome, it will start at 6 pm on May 20th and goes through the night into the 21st. Refreshments will be available, luminaries will be for sale (in honor or memory of a cancer patient), there will be a race car display, and other entertainment.
It would be great if we could have a few rigs there for the kids to check out, even if it was just for a little while after it starts.
You can PM me or reply here for more info and the location. Or you can call, 828 781 9902.

Thanks,
Chris.

EDIT it is the 20th. Sorry.

if i was not goin to be at tellico i would be helping u guys out. i went through the same thing with my mother, but if there is anything else that i can do let me know

Same here. My mom had cancer. I would come by if I was in town but will be in Texas then. Good luck with it, it really is a good cause.

krehel24 said:
how far is Hickory from Albemarle?????
Like he said above, about 100 miles. Actually, the church is closer to Catawba, so maybe 80-85 miles.
We drive that far to Albemarle for URE, you can make it up here. :D

ncsutj
Same here. My mom had cancer. I would come by if I was in town but will be in Texas then. Good luck with it, it really is a good cause.
Today 09:14 PM
got4-lo
if i was not goin to be at tellico i would be helping u guys out. i went through the same thing with my mother, but if there is anything else that i can do let me know

I had the date wrong, let me know if you can make it on the new date. I appreciate the support. It will be a nice chance to show some community responsibility with wheelers... God knows we need some good press.

Not to mention getting to meet some fellow wheelers, hang out, and see Redx's Xterra in peices on the trailer after Winrock... :flipoff2: :beer: :D

uglyjeepoffroad said:
I had the date wrong, let me know if you can make it on the new date. I appreciate the support. It will be a nice chance to show some community responsibility with wheelers... God knows we need some good press.

Not to mention getting to meet some fellow wheelers, hang out, and see Redx's Xterra in peices on the trailer after Winrock... :flipoff2: :beer: :D

i can make it on the 21st, hopefully my jeep will be in one piece after tellico. :D

uglyjeepoffroad said:
........Not to mention getting to meet some fellow wheelers, hang out, and see Redx's Xterra in peices on the trailer after Winrock... :flipoff2: :beer: :D

Well, hell....at least I hope I make it TO Windrock...... :flipoff2:

But seriously....if it's on the 21st, I am pretty certain you can count me in. And if there's any thing else Anna and I can do, let us know. :beer:

"IF" I am back together, count me in. I would hate to come up there and be the ugliest Jeep there though! LOL

I'll be at The Winston on the 21st. Wish I could help

uglyjeepoffroad said:

Im pretty sure Ill be working that night. Is there anyway I could purchase a luminaries from you though?
Casey

My rigs might be too basic for a "show" but I'll definitely try to help out. Maybe I can get my buddy's 05 6-speed Rubi Unlimited down there. My wife's mom just passed away a year ago on May 25 so that might be something nice for us to get involved in any way that we can. Keep us posted on the times and directions.

21st

Keep a reminder going as the date gets closer, I may be able to make it.

I appreciate all of the replies.
upnover "IF" I am back together, count me in. I would hate to come up there and be the ugliest Jeep there though! LOL
Remember, mine is called the Uglyjeep. The kids would love yours. I am workign on borrowing an RTI ramp and I'm sure you could have some fun on it.
Im pretty sure Ill be working that night. Is there anyway I could purchase a luminaries from you though?
I will know more as it gets closer. If it comes down to it, I will get the info you want put on the luminary and buy one for you.
GSW My rigs might be too basic for a "show" but I'll definitely try to help out. Maybe I can get my buddy's 05 6-speed Rubi Unlimited down there. My wife's mom just passed away a year ago on May 25 so that might be something nice for us to get involved in any way that we can.
GSW, yours is not too stock, the more the better.

I will keep everyone up to date on the plans. Thanks again for the interest.
Chris

uglyjeepoffroad said:
I appreciate all of the replies.
I will know more as it gets closer. If it comes down to it, I will get the info you want put on the luminary and buy one for you.
Chris

Cool. Ill be glad to pay for it just a matter of getting the money to ya. But thanks and keep us up to date on it.
Casey

I going to the one in Newton's South Side Park on the 13th! I wish it was that one! Our chuch group is camping out over night, then it looks like I'll be getting up to travel to Tellico for the first time!

Ryan

These people are killing me. They have decided now that it would be bad to have it over Saturday night and interfere with church services Sunday morning, so it will be
Friday night, the 20th, going into Saturday morning, the 21st.
Sorry for all of the confusion. I am not one of the main people setting the relay up, I am just trying to help with a display for it. Again, I am sorry if this caused a problem for anyone, but if you can still come, (or can come now and couldn't on the 21st), let me know.
Chris

What time would you want the rigs there? Depending on the times, I'm sure I could be there. My bronco was given me to my grandfather as he died of cancer, so it would be pretty cool to come. I'm sure I could throw together an RTI ramp before then too if you can't find one...

i dont think that ill be making it, tellico banged up me jeep pretty good. so ill be fixing my junk. but if i can get it fixed ill be there

braxton357 said:
What time would you want the rigs there? Depending on the times, I'm sure I could be there. My bronco was given me to my grandfather as he died of cancer, so it would be pretty cool to come. I'm sure I could throw together an RTI ramp before then too if you can't find one...
Trying to get the rigs there at the beginning. Around 6 on Friday(20th) so the kids can check them out. I will let you know tommorow If I can get the ramp or not. Hope you can come. I will be posting the directions later today.

:D
got4-lo said:
i dont think that ill be making it, tellico banged up me jeep pretty good. so ill be fixing my junk. but if i can get it fixed ill be there
If you can make it up, cool. If not, I understand. Slap some duct tape on it and come up?! :D

Back