Holley EFI

Noel

Blah blah… got the terminator x max kit on my turbo car. Blew the rear and, fixed that with a 40 spline 9”, 2 miles later popped the trans. Got a new built one for it. But while backing it into the shop it’s running fat. Notice the handheld is showing 11v. Cut it off and goes 8.x volts. Check everywhere and I’m 12.6 off and 14.x running. Checked the voltage going to the ecm and the same. But the Holley is somehow reading the lesser. Anyone seen this issue. Gonna call Holley tomorrow but of course they are only open when I’m at work…… so I know they are gonna want me near the car

Attachments

• IMG_4065.jpeg
    IMG_4065.jpeg
    171.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0808.jpeg
    IMG_0808.jpeg
    238.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 68602554223__A40CCC25-9CB6-4601-8574-A022BF7B2CD2.jpeg
    68602554223__A40CCC25-9CB6-4601-8574-A022BF7B2CD2.jpeg
    197.4 KB · Views: 38
Is it wired straight to the battery? Somebody on here had issues with theirs doing something pretty similar, I think. @Jody Treadway was it you, perhaps?

I know @Bebop is pretty familiar with these.

I suppose I can see the allure to the Holley stuff, but if it were me and I were dealing with ANY kind of LS motor in any kind of setup, I'm choosing the factory PCM and tuning with HP Tuners. Every. Single. Time.

Oh...btw....that is sexxxyyyyyy 🤤🤤🤤😍😍😍

Is it wired straight to the battery? Somebody on here had issues with theirs doing something pretty similar, I think. @Jody Treadway was it you, perhaps?

I know @Bebop is pretty familiar with these.

I suppose I can see the allure to the Holley stuff, but if it were me and I were dealing with ANY kind of LS motor in any kind of setup, I'm choosing the factory PCM and tuning with HP Tuners. Every. Single. Time.
I agree. But when doing this stupid shit I did Holley made much more sense. I fought it tooth and nail but ended up Holley. Plus seems no one wants to tune with hp tuners now. I’m assuming everyone knows the feds are coming haha. It’s straight to battery. Had been fine til randomly doing this.

The French guy or Jody will chime in...I swear, Jody's was dropping voltage randomly too. It had something to do with the input voltage source.

As for using HPT...you just gotta know the right people :D I data log and send a few emails to a guy in Vegas, he does some kinda voodoo magic, and then it works 🤷‍♂️

The French guy or Jody will chime in...I swear, Jody's was dropping voltage randomly too. It had something to do with the input voltage source.

As for using HPT...you just gotta know the right people :D I data log and send a few emails to a guy in Vegas, he does some kinda voodoo magic, and then it works 🤷‍♂️
I’m making a few ponies and was trying to keep it local and to dyno and street tuning. My kid’s education went into this build (atleast the funds did) and I thought Holley would help against my best judgment.

What also trips me out is the fact it still runs and idles even showing 8v. Most Holley systems I have fooled with freak out below 12. So it seems like it knows it had the right voltage

Mine was a total dumpster fire. Went back to EEC4 w/o a single issue.
Sorry, no help this time.
@Bebop is definitely the resident expert on these.
Bonjour, le homie!

I agree. But when doing this stupid shit I did Holley made much more sense. I fought it tooth and nail but ended up Holley. Plus seems no one wants to tune with hp tuners now. I’m assuming everyone knows the feds are coming haha. It’s straight to battery. Had been fine til randomly doing this.
TKM in Denton will tune Holley Fyi. I was planning to use them untill I found another shop in Denver closer to me. Curious if you have hooked the laptop and read the voltage through it?

TKM in Denton will tune Holley Fyi. I was planning to use them untill I found another shop in Denver closer to me. Curious if you have hooked the laptop and read the voltage through it?
I have not, and also I plan to unplug some of the outputs tonight one by one. Was thinking I could have something drawing power down in the unit. Imma call today just to see if they have any pointers

Good luck running traction control, boost by gear, CO2 dome control, 2 step, individual cylinder fueling, multiple TBs, timing controlled idle with no IAC, etc

Tons of racing / specialized applications you need an ECU with programmable strategies.

And we’re not even talking about swaps where you’d like to retain some OEM functionality from the receiver vehicle. CANBus integration is borderline inexistant with any factory PCM.

I’m not preaching for Holley. I’m not even that big a fan of their products. They’re just the gold standard around here, that’s why I work with it.

Good luck running traction control, boost by gear, CO2 dome control, 2 step, individual cylinder fueling, multiple TBs, timing controlled idle with no IAC, etc

Tons of racing / specialized applications you need an ECU with programmable strategies.

And we’re not even talking about swaps where you’d like to retain some OEM functionality from the receiver vehicle. CANBus integration is borderline inexistant with any factory PCM.

I’m not preaching for Holley. I’m not even that big a fan of their products. They’re just the gold standard around here, that’s why I work with it.
I run a factory PCM tuned and a stand alone Lingenfelter unit that runs all the 2step, nitrous control, timing etc. I fought the holley set up for months before going back to the stock PCM with a good tune.

I run a factory PCM tuned and a stand alone Lingenfelter unit that runs all the 2step, nitrous control, timing etc. I fought the holley set up for months before going back to the stock PCM with a good tune.
I’m not having a running issue yet, that’s what is confusing. I know damn well Holley won’t run on 8v. Gotta be something stupid. Gonna hook up the laptop tonight. Can’t do much without a transmission though lol 😂

I’m not having a running issue yet, that’s what is confusing. I know damn well Holley won’t run on 8v. Gotta be something stupid. Gonna hook up the laptop tonight. Can’t do much without a transmission though lol 😂
Sorta like building a 4x4. My E55 blew head gaskets when I turned it up to about 650whp, installed ARP studs. It smoked the transmission, so I spent big $$ for a built transmission. It snapped a rear axle, replaced with hellcat rear set up. Not sure what's going to blow next, just working my way through it all, nothing more $$$$ won't fix. Sweet looking car you've got.

Back