Honda Forman Muffler

flatbedtoy

Saturday after riding a had a nasty "loose sheet metal" sound coming from the exhaust. I break it down today after work, and something is loose inside the muffler. I price new Honda part, $530!!! WTF! Any one have a more wallet friendly repair suggestion for this? I've been thinking about cutting old muffler apart and welding up.
Machine is 99 Foreman 450 4x4.

I had the same problem with my 01 Foreman 450 back in 04 when we were at Hatfield/McCoy trails. I had sticker shock over the price of a OEM muffler too. I went with an HMF pipe. It sounds awesome, a little loud, especially the person riding behind you. I also replaced the stock air filter with a UNI filter and rejetted the carb. With 27" 589's it runs better than it did when bone stock. It has probably had twice the miles put on it as the stock muffler and no problems so far. When I bought my HMF pipe they were around $250, but now it seems they are around $300.

save a lot more money and go to tractor supply and get a FO-4 muffler. takes a litle welding and time to get it on but for 33.99, it sounds just like a hmf. The FO-14 is the same muffler without the baffle, its a little louder. I run the 14 on a 500 rubicon and its not overly loud. HMF isn't any quieter either...

save a lot more money and go to tractor supply and get a FO-4 muffler. takes a litle welding and time to get it on but for 33.99, it sounds just like a hmf. The FO-14 is the same muffler without the baffle, its a little louder. I run the 14 on a 500 rubicon and its not overly loud. HMF isn't any quieter either...
Thx for the info. I ended cutting the end off the stock muffler and the loose baffle dumped right out. I welded muffler back together took her out for a spin. Shes a little louder, but good to go now.

Back