Honey Hunters

VortecJeep

Powered by Uranium-235
No, it’s not some group of dudes cruising around in an ‘89 Caprice picking up chicks.

It’s Gastonia’s new pro baseball team.

I like the logo, but why not Honeybadgers?

I think its owned by the same dude who owns the savanah bananas.
If so he is a fascinating dude to listen to talk.
Had a chance to share a beer with him and hes great.

Im sure honey badger is trademarked.

Seems weird to me and I’ve been out of sports for a while now but how many teams have a 2 word name?

Baseball team from back home was the Beach Bums (right on Lake Michigan and a huge beach touristy destination but changed league and ownership and renamed in 2019 to the Pit Spitters (Traverse City, Mi. Is the cherry capital of the world).

I grew up watching the Mud Hens,
Farm league isn't what it used to be, they are making some good money off the minors now. I remember when the Knights were in Ft Mill, you could get tickets for under $10 damn near anywhere you wanted to sit in the stadium, and beer was $3.00 or less

I grew up watching the Mud Hens,
Farm league isn't what it used to be, they are making some good money off the minors now. I remember when the Knights were in Ft Mill, you could get tickets for under $10 damn near anywhere you wanted to sit in the stadium, and beer was $3.00 or less
Maybe Gastonia will be like that, they aren’t a MiLB team. It’s some unaffiliated league.

No, it’s not some group of dudes cruising around in an ‘89 Caprice picking up chicks.

It’s Gastonia’s new pro baseball team.

I like the logo, but why not Honeybadgers?
That's exactly the thought I had. There were much better choices on the short list.

Maybe Gastonia will be like that, they aren’t a MiLB team. It’s some unaffiliated league.
I doubt it, I think the area where the stadium is being built is all being revived, I bid a brewery across the street in Gastonia called Durty Bull Brewery, owners were out of town, I'm sure they are looking for CA$H like any other business. Can't make it on volume theses days unfortunately. Same with the ballpark. Mudhens went from a small concrete stadium in the 90's that would have maybe held 6,000 to a stadium downtown Toledo similar to the Knight's.

Back