Hotels in Daytona

93redzj

So we are planning to go down for bike week in Daytona this year, first time for this trip. We go to Myrtle each year and stay at the Diplomat if anyone is familiar with that hole in the wall, so my standards are low as far as amenities. Just need a “safe” place to lay my head each night and not spend $300 a night if I can help it. Anyone familiar with hotels in that area?

I stay in Palm Coast ~30mi north of Daytona. I booked at the Day's Inn, stayed there last year too, it was ~150.$ a night.
I’m not sure how everything is laid out down there but ideally I’d like to be a little closer to the action. Where we stay in Myrtle is a 5-10 minute ride to barefoot landing and broadway, 15-20 minute ride to murrels inlet but most things in Myrtle are fairly close to one another as far as rally related, again I’m not sure how it’s laid out in Daytona.

To be close to the action in a hotel is going to cost you. VRBO or AirBnB with a couple friends is the best way. Daytona is easy to get around but you do have to use side streets a lot to stay out of traffic. Flagler Beach has some good places and is still only a few minutes ride to Main Street but you'll be going to Destination Daytona, Iron Horse Saloon (My favorite ever!) and they are a little further out. It's a b;ast, youi'll forget about Myrtle after Daytona! lol

I've never been to Myrtle Beach so I can't compare it, but ide say everything is more spread out. like RQ said the main spots are Main ST, Destination Daytona, Iron Horse, i think theres usually stuff going on at the speedway, and the Cabbage Patch. If you want to stay in Daytona it's going to cost you, plus if you're trailering you bike most hotels don't have places to park trailers. I've stayed in flagler it is nice, but the prices have gone up so i started staying a little further north in Palm Coast. I typically spend my days out riding and only go to main st and iron horse one night so its not big deal to me to stay close to that area, and have to deal with the crowds and the traffic. There's a lot of good bars out and around that have bands with alot less crowd if you can find them, the guys i ride with have been going longer than ive been alive so they know all those spots i just follow them.

We are planning on meeting up with the sister in law and her BF in Daytona and were gonna invite a couple of our friends here locally as well, but to be honest I don’t have any desire to share an air bnb, I just prefer my own place to do my own thing when it comes to calling it a night. I was afraid it would cost to stay in the action, I’m not necessarily looking to be in the party hotel or one that literally everyone stays at either so maybe my best option is as suggested before and stay a little further out then ride in, plus we will be trailering down….thanks for all the advice

On another note, our plan was to spend Wednesday trailering down and then use Thursday through Saturday to explore and hit the spots worth hitting, does that seem like it’ll be enough time? We ride to Myrtle on a Thursday, get there a little after lunch time, take it easy for the first night and then ride Friday and Saturday, by that time you’ve hit about everything worth hitting there in my opinion…..so would three days be enough to enjoy Daytona ?

You can never have enough time imo, it would take a whole week if you wanted to go to everything ide say. I only go for 3 days too. I ride down, I plan to leave around noon Wednesday to head down. By Sunday my wallet has usually taken enough of a beating i need to leave. But I will also go in October for the same amount of time so i never worrie about getting around to everything.

Yes 3 days is enough but make your plan first. You got to do main street a couple times, Iron Horse for a few hours, (you ride in and park in the middle and the bar and festivities is all around you), Destination Daytona for a few hours (That's where the most and best vendors are) The Speedway always has stuff happening, Cabbage Patch, The riding loop is cool, St. Augustine is a nice ride along A1A, and there's always the Space Center. Any hotel is going to be party central near town. Also, Main Street has the cheapest POS shirts, Iron Horse has good quality as does the Harley Dealer. And again learn the backroads going near town, it's through neighborhoods but everybody does it. Be careful, there's still a lot of blue hairs that don't know you're there!
You're making me want to go... It's fun!

Back