How do I know if I'm on the right trail?

GotLime?

I thought about this last weekend. I've been to URE many times. But sometimes I'm not sure if I'm on the right trail. Meaning, there's a fork and I choose left or right. How do I know if I'm on a rogue or spider trail?

I noticed the arrow signs. I think those are new and greatly appreciated. But sometimes it's just a short hop and you're not sure if you're supposed to be on the left or right "trail".

Are the markers always on the same side of the trail? Can I use those as a guide?

I dont think the markers are always on the same side (plus it wouldnt matter because if you were heading the oppisite direction, they would be on the other side)

If you see a marker then you're on the trail. Spider trails will not be marked. Markers are on random sides. For the most part, you have to try hard to take a spider trail.

yepp follow the orange triangles and you cant go wrong!!! rode with the earlycj5 guys this weekend and helped remark the trail markers, for the forest service, with the trail numbers so you know what trail your actually staying on!!

yepp follow the orange triangles and you cant go wrong!!! rode with the earlycj5 guys this weekend and helped remark the trail markers, for the forest service, with the trail numbers so you know what trail your actually staying on!!

From someone that continues to go the wrong way back to camp, Thank You!!!:beer:

What all the above have said is true. A lot of places there might be a trail diamond marker on the left side, or there might be one on the left side. But in a lot of places where the trail opens up or splits off we have put trail diamond markers on both sides to clearly show where the trail is.

Big foot will hop out from behind a tree and point you in the right direction when you are truly lost.

I'm not really worried about getting lost.

I was referring to the short bypasses where you never really get out of sight of the main trail but there are 2 options. Like cutting a corner,, avoiding a tight turn, mud hole, etc. Sometimes the trail splits for a few hundred feet.

Back