How Do You Justify a $40-50-60K Truck?

Thats the problem with buy low, sell high for things that you can't live without. If everything is selling high, you can only buy high. Key is to sell the day before the market drops, and buy the week after. Too bad I can't tell you when that will be. I would be a brazillionaire.
If I knew I could sell my truck today and fuel prices were gonna double or triple in the next month or so and people that bought diesels just to have would sell them I'd sell it. I've considered buying a new 150 but living in the mountains I have to pull serious mountains in any direction I wanna go with the jeep, boat, camper doesn't matter. And I don't think a gasser could handle that kind of punishment every weekend

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

But which obs?? Chevy has 3-4 obs by now.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk
It all revolves around the dawning of the internet forum subculture. So I'd guess the pre-99 bodystyle (and 99-01 dual production trucks)

Want to save a crap load of money? Don't buy a diesel and don't buy 4wd. People give away 2wd gassers because nobody wants them. I've been towing with one for 5 years and love it. I've put almost 80,000 miles on a truck I paid less than 8k for, including 3x to CA and at least twice to AR. Is it as fancy as a new truck, nope. Will it out run a new truck up a mountain, nope. Do I have a $500/600/700 truck payment, nope.

Want to save a crap load of money? Don't buy a diesel and don't buy 4wd. People give away 2wd gassers because nobody wants them. I've been towing with one for 5 years and love it. I've put almost 80,000 miles on a truck I paid less than 8k for, including 3x to CA and at least twice to AR. Is it as fancy as a new truck, nope. Will it out run a new truck up a mountain, nope. Do I have a $500/600/700 truck payment, nope.
This is true if you don't need a 4wd truck or don't need a diesel. I have to put my truck in 4wd at least once a week, where I would be stuck in 2wd. Ever tried to back up a gravel hill? Or wet grass? I will never own a 2wd truck, but thats just me.
Here's @jbkelly0211 in his 2wd truck spinning on the nearly flat gravel drive in front of my shop because he had just backed through some mud.
lZzx22A2vL87tu7bORI_4z3I3TZZL56wQMTvk1FGH9mi7otsEIKcQhPXHRws8rbUCBrM5E4XNZklY0QVT0WY3i7kThTZKek0Vf7UC3pIl2Wkd8zYgEso5F99HMOrMNxoXGr0r9lrG0rMyM2jEMFxwURWXW3mVALq7_3xZluVuidLhToOpjxPpL13WxOanVmWFmka9Vy-08OJ_RNXENTfCQUYnGHJ8yh-jAhYkbBsxjfmVgWX93_O0TX7mD7xoqdg2TcPXN0PK08BisQ91YkiVFvZqaZMdHzBU-ePyi9xpz-DRqXPxyMhIBHVIbhgl0uO_TAjavrOEpwg4W096UA90RkEvGduNu4B7e-EXLqn5uoLW6flO8GnVMObTWMvkgoMaMO0Gf1bPZpOgQX0GuzLdjLxYuAGkDppDF7EUycLhv09fBrhIJwsJYjGE9uT6zuGUBgxo4PZIYUhe-7R3a21Wt7udxZy6Nj3P7aqZ2xiSsZDrTnjyc3SEI0RBBgYmPu9yEJ5BWLpZSWjuAzM_CZH48pPEDIAMUF09-dLh_8qsN5DJBuiTvcd2KGlDioIegaruW619RkKRZI-1jc59iER1bYTRKK3u_Gv90LSMPkTPIYxykrwihcw=w1433-h806-no

(I mostly posted this to make fun of him :D )

But which obs?? Chevy has 3-4 obs by now.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Semantics. It is just easier to quantify the OBS as 88-98 trucks. Even though technically an OBS Chevy is 1918-1928. :p

I don't know why people say OBS, OOBS, NBS, NNBS, whatever. I just go with it because it makes it easier to Google search. How about I just say GMT-400 and be done with it? :lol:

What about the BOOBS?

What about the BOOBS?

I'm a big fan of those as well, although I only have a pair of them right now. Wait, I don't personally have a pair. I am responsible for a pair. No wait, that's not right either.

My wife has nice boobs.

There.

I bought my '05 Cummins in 2010 for $25k. Put a nice downpayment on it, then paid it off in 18 months. I love it except the seats. Now I'm seeing on the interwebs alot of people replacing their 3rd gen seats with 4th gen seats, so I am seriously considering doing that. If I did that (especially with leather), I'd feel like I have a new truck without a truck payment.
So if anyone needs to get rid of some 4th gen seats, let me know.:D
Its my dd, family hauler, tow rig.

This is true if you don't need a 4wd truck or don't need a diesel. I have to put my truck in 4wd at least once a week, where I would be stuck in 2wd. Ever tried to back up a gravel hill? Or wet grass? I will never own a 2wd truck, but thats just me.

There's always circumstance that dictate that and yours may be one. But Id guess 90% of the guys with 4wd diesels dont need either.

Ever tried to back up a gravel hill? Or wet grass?
Yeah try it in a 2wd diesel.I got stopped on the hill pullin in at the flats one time and wound up havin to unload and use the blazer to pull the truck and trailer the rest of the way up the hill.

I don't need a diesel, but I do need 4 wheel drive. I've had my 4x4 RAM stuck on my own property before and had to wait a few days for the ground to dry so I could get it unstuck.

Not only are the vehicle payments higher than a giraffe's ass...I don't think a lot of people take in to account how much a new vehicle will change their insurance.

I bought an 02 CCSB Duramax in November of 2015 for 12k. The payment is 250 bucks a month, insurance is cheap, it's the newest vehicle I've ever owned, and I love it. I never leave anything stock and this one is no exception, but it's still cheaper than a new one and it's probably more reliable than a new Duramax too. No emissions crap, no CP4 to randomly crap out...just a set of injectors every 200k miles.

Besides....does anybody else think ALL of the new trucks are ugly? Or is it just me?

I want to know as well. I have basically accepted that I will probably be driving my rig to the trails until my unborn children graduate college.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well you know my Ford is for sale.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Something else I don't see how people justify....

IMG_8424.PNG

I haven't paid 40k or above for either of my 2 Cummins in the last 15yrs and one was purchased new off the lot. I use my 4wd a lot as I'm off-road quite a bit when using the truck, like today. The first time I shot a hill at 70mph with 7-8k pounds in tow I was hooked. To me paying more for a truck(diesel) that tows more effortlessly, has more power, gets better fuel mileage, has a longer life expectancy and has a higher resale value just makes sense.

With that said, to each their own.

You have people paying nearly 80 grand for a four wheel drive dually with every option known to man that don't even need a truck at all, the same for a bunch of kids that have absolutely no use for a truck what so ever. (not knocking them for it,I was a kid once) but the fact that this is the trend now and the main reason for the price is they will pay it. A product will sell for what the public will pay. As far as justification, I am a heavy equipment operator on pipeline. Operators get truck pay for having a fuel tank in our truck. I get $50.00a day. That's $1200.00 a month and I still can't justify 70 grand for a truck.

I'm a big fan of those as well, although I only have a pair of them right now. Wait, I don't personally have a pair. I am responsible for a pair. No wait, that's not right either.

My wife has nice boobs.

There.

Not sure if I am supposed to agree with you, like the post, or what.....without offending you or your wife.

The Rams and the Toyoters (the big one, not the new shitty small one) are good looking. All the new Fords are ugly. Chevies are probably all right on the outside... I haven't liked their interiors in the past, though. Not sure what the current model looks like inside.

The Ram factory hitch mount thing is fucking stupid, though.

:nopics:

My wife has nice boobs.

There.

Back