How I get rid of yellow jackets.

I don't get to wheel often enough. Went to start my rig and drive it down the street for some urban wheeling. Started it did andfew things while it warmed up, then when I grabbed the cage and started to get in.....BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM! Half a dozen stings in just a moment. They built a nest inside the A pillar and came out where the door wiring grommet was.

Last year I had a Yellow Jacket nest in my shop wall and I sprayed it several times and couldn't kill it. They were going in and out of one particular spot. I put the shop vac hose at that spot and got them all!

Did the vacuum kill them too? Or who did you get to volunteer to open it?

I had a yellow jacket nest in my wall last year too. Block wall and I only knew where they came in at from the outside. They came in the shop from several spots along the top of the back wall. I tried hitting them with spray over and over with no effect.

Finally went to lowes bought a big case of those extra strength foggers, container of seven dust and 4 bottles of spray.

I shot great stuff foam in outside opening at night and me and buddy dumped seven dust all over the top of back wall. Then we sprayed all 4 cans along the top wall. Then we set off 8 of those foggers and shut the shop up.

Don't know which one killed em but I got the bastards.

.... and suited up w winter clothes/hoodie/gloves...

Me personally, I would rather not have a shit-ton of clothes on for bees to get inside. The last time I helped my brother catch a swarm of honey bees I showed up barefooted with only basketball shorts and a t-shirt. I took the shirt off when we got started. But, honey bees are completely different than wasps/hornets/yellow-jackets. I still don't want any of them trying to sting their way out of my clothes.

I had a yellow jacket nest in my wall last year too. Block wall and I only knew where they came in at from the outside. They came in the shop from several spots along the top of the back wall. I tried hitting them with spray over and over with no effect.

Finally went to lowes bought a big case of those extra strength foggers, container of seven dust and 4 bottles of spray.

I shot great stuff foam in outside opening at night and me and buddy dumped seven dust all over the top of back wall. Then we sprayed all 4 cans along the top wall. Then we set off 8 of those foggers and shut the shop up.

Don't know which one killed em but I got the bastards.
Dear god! Hope you called a Hazmat team to come in and clean out after all that.

Nope I'm highly allergic to yellow jackets. I wasn't risking it. Besides I work in a paint factory. My pee glows in the dark already.

Back