How long will swampers last?

TapouT

I'm looking at buying a set of 33/12.50 tsl super swampers from my buddy to put on my Grand Cherokee. I'm not sure if they're radial or bias ply. They all have about half tread or a little better. How long can I expect them to last on my Jeep that I daily drive? I drive an absolute MAX of 150 miles a week most of the time not even that. I live literally 2 minutes away from where I work and I don't drive the Jeep that much through the week. I was wondering how long y'all think they would last me? What's the ideal tire pressure for them? They'll be on 15x8 wheels. Thanks for the help!

When I ran 36" bias TSL's on my old FS Bronco, they didn't last long on the pavement.

No more then you drive they will dry rot before you wear them out also do you have lockers spool etc that would make a difference too

i had a set of ssr's on my jeep wk i bought them new i put like 15 to 20 thousand miles on them before i sold the jeep and they were more than half tread left so id say either way not driving much you should get half way desent life out of them i also only drove 5 mins to work and back

I have a set of TSL-SXs that I bought new in 2003... still got half the tread left, but it goes very, very, little on pavement. A neighbor's boy put a set of brand new TSLs on his daily-driver pickup truck and wore them bald before 20K miles. Don't know if that helps you any, but I would not put Swampers, of any type, on a vehicle that I was going to drive everyday on the pavement. Just one man's opinion.............

Just bought the the tires and they are bias ply. How long will they last??!! The jeep doesn't have a spool or lockers by the way.

the bias are not going to last as long as the radials, i had a set of radials on my tj for 3 years sold them to a buddy and he ran them for 1 year both of us drove them everyday but id say youd be lucky to get 15k out of a bias

the bias are not going to last as long as the radials, i had a set of radials on my tj for 3 years sold them to a buddy and he ran them for 1 year both of us drove them everyday but id say youd be lucky to get 15k out of a bias

Well..the tires are half tread now. Are you saying I could get 15k out of them now or 15k out of a brand spanking new set?

Lower air pressure may make them last longer on the road, pumped all up they wear in the middle quickly. Aggressive driving on ashalt will shorten the life also. They are fun in the mud though!! and do suprisingly well offroad w semi-bald centers and tread left on the edge.

Well..the tires are half tread now.
Well, you bought them. So I guess you're going to find out how long they last through experience. Just don't have too high of expectations for the life of a used set of bias swampers on road.

Lots of things to factor on tire life, especially a mud tire. #1 killer is a set of 33-12.50 on a 8 in wide wheel. 35psi in any mud tire will wear the middle slam out, Long trips on a hot summer day. Gravel roads.

Bty good set of mud tires are supposed to ride like shit. Thats how ya know there good.

OK lets do some math here though.
150/week x 52 weeks is still only7.5k a year. Getting a year out of a used set of TSLs isn't soooo bad....

You'll be more irritated when they turn to square blocks after sitting for a night then the tread wear. Takes a couple miles before they get round again. That first few miles will shake the shit out of you though. :driver:

Back