How much have you towed before ?

Hooked a big fish this AM. Heavy girl bent the heck out of a trailer ramp and the weight also shredded a 10 ply trailer tire on 485. Gonna see if I can get it running/driving tomorrow. Will be for sale. Make me a serious offer and this would make a sweet rad rod style hauler!. #patina#ratrod#wifedoesntknowIboughtityetIMG_0524.jpg IMG_0524.jpg

Definitely not the heaviest thing I have towed with my excursion, but definitely the thing that got the most looks! Towed it home from Jacksonville, NC. Then traded it to a guy from Nevada for a HMMWV, met him halfway in Kansas.

IMG_20140725_140305_228.jpg

Definitely not the heaviest thing I have towed with my excursion, but definitely the thing that got the most looks! Towed it home from Jacksonville, NC. Then traded it to a guy from Nevada for a HMMWV, met him halfway in Kansas.

Did you swap trailer and all in Kansas? And what happened to the middle axle on the trailer? Just curious.

The axle is still there, but the tire is laying above it on the trailer. I'd figure he had a flat or a hub went out on him.

Yea the tire blew about 15 minutes from home on my way home from Jacksonville. This picture is of the following day when I went and unloaded it over at Colfax Trailer off of i40. It sat at Colfax trailer for a month or two while I was trying to sell it.

The guy I traded for the HMMWV had a customer in Kansas that had a big frontend loader we used to move the helicopter/hmmwv. I got really lucky on that trip, the A/C compressor clutch came apart on my Excursion going up Fancy Gap. I drove the whole way there, cut the excursion off numerous times, when I finally got to the guy's shop where we were swapping, I cut it off, when I went to start it back the clutch had seized, so I had to change the compressor there. The guy that got the helicopter drove an hour away to get me a compressor, couldn't have asked for a better place for it to quit completely, at least I was off the road and had someone willing to help out.

The total rolling load when I was making the last move for my shop was around 29000lbs. It was strategically planned as the heaviest load, but ended up heavier than I expected. I had the skid steer at the new shop for unloading stuff under about 1500lbs, so I had already unloaded most everything. But there were a few things that could only be loaded and unloaded with the forklift. I already had the lathe/mill/drill press/tying up my other trailer.

The final load was a 10hp air compressor (1300#), a pallet of miscellaneous steel (~2500#), 5ftx5ft by 2" thick steel welding table (2500#), 8x22 hydraulic tilt trailer (4500#), 03 Duramax (7300#), and Cat T50c forklift (10700#). Totals up to 28,800 pounds. I had to go about 4 miles with 2 turns and 1 red light, and I had my dad in his truck in front of me so that no one would pull out in front of me or do anything unpredictable.

Probably the heaviest I've thrown behind the Cummins since I got it. 32ft enclosed with my 4Runner, spare parts and a '15 Dodge bumper from FF in it. No land speed records, but it cruised 65-70 from Charlotte, to Bahama and back to Lenoir.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 395
Bales weigh bout 1000# a piece their are 23 of em on there trailer is home made and in the 2800# range truck is a gasser and weighs in at 6800ish so I'm around 32600ish I figure
image.jpg

If we were playing The Price is Right rules, I'd guess those bales are 600# each.

Well I'll put it out there like this we never have weighed any and they vary with moisture content buyer run a 3130 kubota tractor and the loaders weight rating is 1200# it handles the well in 4x4 unless you hit the brakes a little hard and she will stand the rear end off the ground so we made a set of rear forks to keep a bale on the back when loading and unloading and on occasion you have to rev her up a good bit to pick em up this particular load was one of those that's why I posted it but not all loads are this heavy most of ours are in the 800 to 850 range

It also takes 10 to 12 square bales to make 1 round bale and your average square is between 75 on the low side and 90 on the high side

Brought this home from an auction a while ago, tractor is 18,600, trailer nets @ 6,600...
da89fd8ff5ca7850f65954678690b7e3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Poor Dave's truck!

Back