How to?

SEAIRESCUE

Need guidance on how the *#$% do you remove the dash pad from an 88 Toyota truck? Have so far removed every screw I can locate including that little 10mm one hidden in the upper right corner (love to meet that SOB some time that decided to put that screw there).

With instrument cluster out, corner 10mm screws removed, including those very close to windshield and left dash pad nut, just not wanting to come out even though all is very loose. Any suggestions regarding "hidden" screws or nuts?

Thanks for yo time, :beer:

There are only 3 bolt holding it in (aside from teh screws), and unfortunately (don't yel lat me) that guy waaaay up by the windshield isn't one of them, if that's teh one you mean.
On the far left, there's one just behind the gauge cluster, think you've found it (upper right of cluster).
Here's the 2 magic ones.
For one, you must Remove the glove box. Now, look up under there, and remove the heater/a/c duct in the middle - tehre's a connecting "pipe" that'll just slide out. Now look up there - you'll see a nice shiny 10mm nut sitting on a stud - use a 10" extension and pull him off.
The last one is behind the heater/a/c vent on the far right side att he end of the dash. You have to pop that bad boy out. To do this *carefully* slip a flathead screwdriver in about 1/2" in from each of the 4 corners, and push firmly, then up a little - there's a little clip that has to be compressed, then it will "pop" out. Once you have doen it once, you'll see.
Anyhow, that's it other than the screws across the front.

Thank you

I appreciate the time you took to let me know where those 2 other retainers were hidden.

Yu da man

:beer: :beer: :beer:

No prob.
I was just doing thsi a few weeks ago and came across a nearly identical post on ORC. No telly how many hours it saved me...

Back