Howdy

xj_geek

Hey. I just figured I'd introduce myself (or reintroduce myself as the case may be) since I just registered.

My name's Jon, and I'm from Raleigh. I used to be registered on here as dymogeek, but due to a bunch of crap I'm not getting into, I wasn't able to log on for a while. I like the changes that have been done to the site.

For a little info about me, I drive a '99 Jeep Cherokee XJ. No mods yet...and i do me yet. I hope to lift it a little and slap some bigger tires on there, among other things in the near future. I go to Wake Tech where I study Graphic Design. I've seen some nice rigs out there. I'm into all kinds of music, but I've been listening to a lot of jazz and blues lately.

That's all for now. I know you guys are a great group, and I look forward to getting involved in this forum again. Hopefully I'll be able to make a good contribution.

remember me from when your TJ broke down right outside of Wolf's Den(?) down at URE? What happpened to the TJ? Good thing you got rid of it, everyone knows real jeeps have square headlights. :flipoff2:

I took the TJ out to URE and the dern thing broke down on the trail. Had it towed out and finally got it back home. One month and $1000+ later I got it running (did a lot of the work myself i might add, with a little help from a mechanic who lives up the street. hey, i'm still new to it :flipoff2: ). Got it inspected and everything checked out good. So I sold it to a guy from West Virginia to recoop my losses.

I know wheeling in general is a money pit, but I didn't quite expect such a pit right off. Plus, it was to be my DD as well. So I figured I would get something a little more reliable and build it up myself, so I know everything gets done right (that TJ had some shady wiring issues). All and all, I guess you could say it was a really good learning experiance.

Went back to an XJ 'cause that's what my first vehicle was. They're great.

And yeah, I remember you Puma297. Hopefully after not too long, I'll be back there kickin' up some dust :D

sure they have frames. frames made out of 1.750" DOM :D

Back