HUGE thanks, and cliff note story

77GreenMachine

Phillip Talton
Well once again this awesome community continues to amaze me. There is no other forum like this. Me and a large group of friends went to Harlan for my daughters birthday. There was a lot of folks from this forum there, I’ll tag them later but I want to get right to the thanks.

We were on our way back, an hour from Harlan when my buddy @edward truck laid down. We had just turned on 58 and almost at the top of that first hill when it started knocking and shooting out blue smoke.
We limped it back down the other side of that hill and parked at an old school turned to a flea market.

Ed has a 44’ gooseneck enclosed and a 2011 F450. Triple A wasn’t an option, everyone we know with large trucks is actually on the trip with us, and we were 4 hours from home.

I knew and met @LT1JEEP a couple times and knew he had a towing business, a place big enough for the trailer, and was 100% a stand up guy. So I called him up and explained the situation, he offered to bring a roll back for the truck and his son also bring a dually to pull the trailer and he could hang onto it until we figure out a way to come get it all. Understand it is cold, we all have our families with us and we are already exhausted from a long weekend of wheeling. Him willing to drive an hour to come help us was truly a blessing. I realize he has a business and doing that anyway and it wasn’t free, but it was also Sunday and he even offered to tow it all home. Still might bring the trailer actually.

So massive thanks to you @LT1JEEP for saving the day. It is comforting to know the truck and trailer are safe and among trusted folks. However my buddy Ed doesn’t know you from Adam but is taking my word for it.

We shoved Ed and his family of 4 in my truck and @Curtis_H truck as well and we continued home. But we had to stop cause someone said we lost a tool box and we didn’t, didn’t see anything missing. Then we ran into several traffic jams, the longest costing us over 30 minutes of stand still on 81.

Shortly after leaving there I kept smelling something and realized I had dog crap on my Croc I had stepped in. I was doing 60 with 5 people in my truck, not willing to stop and dying to get home. So I broke my own golden rule about littering and chunked that croc out the window and explained to my daughter it was a one time exception.

I had to come home, drop my trailer and my daughter off, go back to Curt’s house to get Ed’s son and more things we put in Curt’s truck, then drove Ed and family home another 30 minutes one way. I got back to my house at 9pm on the dot, extremely wore out. We had left Harlan at 9am.

Ed still has to make at least one, possibly two trips back to Harlan for his stuff. Ideally he will go up there with another truck in tow and a driver, one to pull the truck and one to pull the trailer.

Also, he’d blew the motor in his buggy up the night before, while also breaking a 14 bolt shaft.

There’s sooooo much more that happened. I’ll tell the rest later perhaps.
9E54EED8-00E2-487B-AD91-8B4FFDEDA207.jpeg7455A6C0-D0B3-4191-9C6C-D1B4F1A4A013.jpeg

Damn that sucks. Glad all are home safe.

That's beyond Cliff Notes

I thought about cliff noting the wheeling and other shenanigans but think that deserves its own thread after I rambled about all that.

Glad I got to see your beautiful face.

I thought about cliff noting the wheeling and other shenanigans but think that deserves its own thread after I rambled about all that.

Glad I got to see your beautiful face.
😘

Woof...usually blue smoke in a diesel is oil related and IIRC 2011 6.7s had some valvetrain issues. Definitely interested to hear what happened to it!

Little update on this since I forgot about it. The turbo went out, which put metal in the oil and and wiped the rod bearings on 2 cylinders. A brand new 2021 motor with all new turbo, injectors, injection pump and all that stuff was $18,500 installed. He done that, got the truck back home and a few days later had to replace both batteries, you know, just to add insult to injury.

Truck has been trouble free since and has way more power, and far better mileage than before.

Back