hummer dealer

CasterTroy

Faster'N You
I'm doing the design/build for an additon and a detail shop to Flow Saturn/hummer in greensboro, and am there every tuesday at 2

Last week I was there and saw the ONLY hummer I've ever drooled over

H1 with 37" MTRS, winch, convert top, BLACK, with black guards all over it, black wheels, OH MAN it was sweet.

No price....None of the H1's have a price

The H2's are 58k 62k and so forth.....never asked how much the H1's are

The service line always has 4 or 5 H2's and one or 2 H1's

NONE are anything less than spotless.

I'd LOVE to see one rolling up into service muddy as hell with rock scars on the sidewalls :D

i've seen an h1 at the dealer here in raleigh that is beat to hell. not a straight panel on it, dirty, scars on the rims, etc... they've never really peaked my interest much though.

If you have to ask, you can't afford it...........

:flipoff2:

Kevin

Hahaha Kevin, yeah pretty much
But yes the H1 treated how its soppused to (thrown agaisnt trees, rocks, other hard things) is a beautiful sight to see, I dunno IMO think they would be better with solid axles, maybe one day Ill own one and drop new front set up in it
*Drools and dreams*
Ryan

base msrps of 129k for open top, 140k for the wagon. add the adventure package which gives you front and rear-locking Eaton® Electronic ELockers™, 17 in. 2-piece forged aluminum wheels with dual beadlocks and runflats and a 12,000 lb. winch and then some 37 mtrs for 5,826, and then accessories, your getting close to 150k, msrp.

Duane

thebluyak said:
Hahaha Kevin, yeah pretty much
But yes the H1 treated how its soppused to (thrown agaisnt trees, rocks, other hard things) is a beautiful sight to see, I dunno IMO think they would be better with solid axles, maybe one day Ill own one and drop new front set up in it
*Drools and dreams*
Ryan

Doubt it, what do they have about 17" of GC under the center, no the flex isn't that amazing, but with a good driver that knows how to modulate the brakes to get the torsen diff's to work, they are plenty wide enough to not need a ton of flex to stay upright. In pure rocks like in competition they would suck yes, but on the trails and even very extreme situations they would suprise you.

BTW, if you want solid axles in one, you might want to add a solid axle in the rear too, not just the front...

Or you could just get a Mog that already has straight axles (and coil springs), higher ground clearance, and more robust drivetrain. Taller yes, not as wide, and the knowledge you're driving some fine eurotrash. For 140k, you can get one loaded new Mog or several older ones.

so what exactly is a mog?? im quite confused, ive seen your pics but I couldnt quite understand what I was seeing haha :confused:

Mog short for Unimog made by Mercedes Benz. The link above is for the modern variant, but they have been around since the late forties. Think of it as a high speed tractor. Its more a piece of equipment than a truck; there are a ton of options meaning every one is a little different.

A Hummer is fine for what it is, but it is not a Mog. For me, stock was what I needed (no space or time for major buildups), so the Mog made sense..stock it has: air lockers, 43" tires, ground clearance (change gear oil with a 5 gal bucket), diesel engine, and more gears than one would ever use (king of the crawl ratio). My only option was a PTO winch.

In terms of bucks, you can get a gasoline model for less than 6k.

Back