hurricane creek

smittybronco4

There's a group of us going this saturday. We will be on it and part of 12mile. Meeting at 730 at the truck stop off exit 24 on i40 take a left if coming from asheville there's a cafe in it

anyone wanting to go can contact me on here or my cell (828) 734-4339

I might come join you guys I'm really interested in this place

Yea id liked to had more time for everyone but wasn't sure about how many ppl would go till last night... we are doing a cleanup day there a little more into the winter weather so there isn't as much growth and critters

How many are going to be riding

It's not a difficult trail , but I would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice relaxing afternoon ride.
How "not difficult"? I've heard about it, but not much. I found a few pics of it online. It exits right off the side of I40 right? Would a bone stock rig on 31" A/T do just fine? I wouldn't mind a relaxing day up in the mountains with the wife and dogs, we would probably take her Infiniti QX4 (basically a R50 Nissan Pathfinder)

You would have no issues whatsoever. I took my YJ up there open/open in the rain. It is a great little trail.
You can take the LONG way to Hot Springs that way too. I definately recommend heading to Max Patch if you're gonna be out that way.

Around 10 ppl so far... hurricane is really not that rough but had a person tell me that the goats trail off twelve mile they were dragging diffs most of the way with 35s

So my Cherokee shouldn't have a problem

You would have no issues whatsoever. I took my YJ up there open/open in the rain. It is a great little trail.
You can take the LONG way to Hot Springs that way too. I definately recommend heading to Max Patch if you're gonna be out that way.
Ok, I'm not worried about a little body scrapage, that's probably a given due to the low hanging Infiniti front bumper and running boards vs what's on a Pathfinder, but I just don't want to wind up punching a rock through the gas tank, or hydrolocking it on a creek crossing, something stupid like that.

Max Patch is pretty much all the way up at the NC/TN line right?

So my Cherokee shouldn't have a problem
yea no worries
GCncsuHD Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody Treadway
Ok, I'm not worried about a little body scrapage, that's probably a given due to the low hanging Infiniti front bumper and running boards vs what's on a Pathfinder, but I just don't want to wind up punching a rock through the gas tank, or hydrolocking it on a creek crossing, something stupid like that.
Max Patch is pretty much all the way up at the NC/TN line right?
theres a couple of creek crossings but not deep shouldnt have any body scrapes and yes its close the tn line

Alright I'll be there my exhaust is currently MIA so its loud should I worry about that

Negative...

I would love to but can't make it this time. It is a nice trail for stock rigs but has a few places to play as well. The goat trail is not that bad. I did it in the spring on 31s with open diffs & only had to be tugged once.

Smitty....You know I'll be there!! hope we have a good turn out! Hurricane is a good easy trail, with a few spots that can be made difficult, few hill climbs, mud pits, creek crossings, rocks. Goat trail....a little more washed out

Im hoping so too... so far there's about 10 rigs if everyone comes..

location that we are meeting at... in case you need the gps 3360 Crabtree Road
Waynesville, NC 28785-7470

hate im not gona make, it i hope ya'll have fun tho. take pics and be safe

I`ll see you all at 7:30
Been wanting to check it out for a while
It`ll be nice to have some tour guides!
How much further of a drive from exit 24?

Back