I’m not a seafood fan...

ponykilr

Old Crow
I mean, I eat some flounder and shrimp at times and my BIL and I used to catfish 4 nights a week (and go to work the next day...to be young again) so I like flathead nuggets. The thing is the smell, I cannot do fishy smell.

Angie and I went down to Winston to visit Victoria’s Secret :rockon: and go by to pick up our gift for being a food bank contributor at some appreciation event. While there we were going to eat lunch at the Village Tavern but decided to try Bleu.

So I’m looking at the menu and on some sort of crazy wild hair, high on shopping for lingerie with my wife, I decide to try.....Ahi Tuna. I asked the super helpful waitress and she tells me it is amazing and is NOT at all fishy.

OMG she was so right. She convinced me to get it rare and it was incredible. I ate it like you do when savoring every bite of a perfect steak. It was served on a bed of asian vegetables with this delicious sauce...I was blown away. The manager overheard the waitress and I talking and me bragging on her and he brought over the bourbon pecan pie and said ”on me with my compliments“ :clap: I will definitely be back.

So now I‘m looking to try cooking some myself.

Tell me how YOU do it.

51D629A5-31F5-4314-845E-F35C31E43154.jpeg
40D309A8-0F6A-4F24-BBC8-D57B1C234160.jpeg

I mean, I eat some flounder and shrimp at times and my BIL and I used to catfish 4 nights a week (and go to work the next day...to be young again) so I like flathead nuggets. The thing is the smell, I cannot do fishy smell.

Angie and I went down to Winston to visit Victoria’s Secret :rockon: and go by to pick up our gift for being a food bank contributor at some appreciation event. While there we were going to eat lunch at the Village Tavern but decided to try Bleu.

So I’m looking at the menu and on some sort of crazy wild hair, high on shopping for lingerie with my wife, I decide to try.....Ahi Tuna. I asked the super helpful waitress and she tells me it is amazing and is NOT at all fishy.

OMG she was so right. She convinced me to get it rare and it was incredible. I ate it like you do when savoring every bite of a perfect steak. It was served on a bed of asian vegetables with this delicious sauce...I was blown away. The manager overheard the waitress and I talking and me bragging on her and he brought over the bourbon pecan pie and said ”on me with my compliments“ :clap: I will definitely be back.

So now I‘m looking to try cooking some myself.

Tell me how YOU do it.

View attachment 345216View attachment 345217
Pretty sure you left hungry. What was the name of this place to avoid?

But I concur on the seafood traits.

Well, adventure continues. I’m at Soho in Mount Airy and ordered a TNT Roll...😮

Are you having a caucasian with that? The Dude abides.
It was called a Gorilla Milk. A rum drink, pretty tasty but they were stingy with the grog.

I was again surprised with the fish dish. It was good!

Back