I asked Caver for some help

InfantryYJ

But he thought that he'd have more fun at the inlaws:flipoff2:

Anyway, we bought some laminate flooring on clearance a couple of weeks ago and finally was able to tackle it last night. Don't knock the baseboards, when I took the happy snaps, we hadn't recaulked and painted them yet.

picture001ix9.jpg

picture002ib3.jpg

picture003wf8.jpg

aimg147.imageshack.us_img147_3931_picture004we8.jpg

looks good, hope you like it. i hate how loud ours is when the dogs are walking around...that clicking is the bane of my existence. btw, how do you like the dyson? i've never used one.

The dyson is awesome, that was the wife's Christmas present and it has some suction, so much that when using the attachments, it's hard to pull the hose.

Nice work!!

Chuck trim your dog's nails it's not only bothersom for you but it can be painful for them

I love my dyson

Are they individual "plank" strips?
Laminate flooring has really coem a long way in the last few years.
I like the highlighted "seams".

i do...but the beagle's nails curl down and still click. if i cut them any shorter they'll bleed.
I hear ya, my lab\dane mix was the same way.

Floor looks good. Hope you left room for expansion!

Yep, just like the directions said, 1/4".

Are they individual "plank" strips?
Laminate flooring has really coem a long way in the last few years.
I like the highlighted "seams".

Yes, planks that snap together.

good job. how long did it take?

Once we started, it was between 4-6 hours. Reading and understanding what the directions actually wanted was the hardest part. We also did a good bit of reading on diynetwork and hgtv sites prior to even buying the stuff.

Looks great!

Been tryin to get up the courage to undertake this myself!:rolleyes:

Do it, it really isn't that hard. The wife and I never did anything like this and now that we have, we'll have no problem tackling another room. Plus, she got me a compound miter saw for the job:bounce2: and alls I was going to get was a miter box and back saw:)

This stuff is pretty simple to put down. Our house is right at 2000 Sq.ft and have done about 80%. Follow the directions and it turns out pretty well.

i do...but the beagle's nails curl down and still click. if i cut them any shorter they'll bleed.

Just put socks on their feet. That will fix it.
And be entertaining.

I'm guessing that I have installed about 100,000 ft or so of this in the past couple years.
It really is a cinch, you just gotta be prepared for different situations. It helps to know a few tricks, such as shaving the locking mech. and adding glue, when you cant tilt the board to snap it in. Like at the end of a row, when there is a door jamb to land under. Most of the newer stuff will allow you to snap a whole row together, end to end, then attatch as a entire row. This makes it fast. Good , fast $$ for the pros.
I never recomend ''doing this yourself''. I want the money!!lol:flipoff2:

We did it in my Dads basement....
Had to go around 3 round support poles...talk about tricky...

Looks nice Rich, hope you enjoy... I have laminae floors through the house and HATE IT! noisy and I hate dust bunnies! you have to sweep everyday to keep them under control.

Looks good. Just keep it dry. I have it in my kitchen/dining room and when the old fridge decided it didn't want to make ice anymore, it ruined the first 4 rows from the wall.:rolleyes:

Oh, I found the biggest problem with your project, it's right there in the title.:flipoff2:

Back