I just have to say.....

Legal Eagle

GO TARHEELS!!!! NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!! WHOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!! :Rockon: :Rockon: :gitrdun: :gitrdun:

Excellent game by both squads. Illinois had the chance to tie it with a 3, but luckily for us, it rimmed out. :D

I heard Chapel Hill burned down.

ya radio was saying if they lost it would might get really bad in CHill with all the broken shampain bottle that would get busted :D

Me and a buddy rode down to Franklin street for a while before coming back and pulling an all-nigther. Needless to say it was crazy! Tons of fires, lots of fireworks, and a whole lot of stuff i didnt like. We ended up leaving shortly after we arrived. It was a good game though, after the first half i thought the tarheels were gonna blow em' out. Ended up being a well-played game by both teams though.

Josh

P.S.- Chapel Hill LEO's def. NEED a raise and applause after tonight, I would have absolutely hated to have their job around midnight!

How about them Heels! Had some friends that went down to Franklin street and said it was nuts. I heard there were close to 20,000 people there.

I gotta go drive a porcelain bus...

At least I don't have to hear the Big 10 guys at work mouthing off about the ACC...

-- I wish State was more consistent.
J

A friend of mine's brother goes to Chapel Hill, he said they drank the town dry last night. That all bars are having to completely restock. That is impressive.

uh, let me clarify here... carolina didn't win, illinois beat themselves in the last few minutes :flipoff2:

MSU was sad after the loss, so they decided to riot and got themselves tear gassed

BTW, Dewey, State means NCSU 'round here... We shoulda played consistently, and beat Wisconsin...

J

RufusTheRam said:
uh, let me clarify here... carolina didn't win, illinois beat themselves in the last few minutes :flipoff2:

THanks Ivan , I was thinking that myself. and I am not a sports person at all.

Being FROM Illinois ( Champagin/Urbana most recent, the home of the Fighting Ilini ) I felt a little loyalty ( very little ) and actually watched the game.

Oh well, next year isn't that far away.

Kevin

RufusTheRam said:

Looks like they won to me. :flipoff2:

As for the NBA rumors...I was listening to The Franchise (WFNZ/WFNA - 610/1660) this afternoon and Rashad McCants is headed for the NBA draft next year.

Attachments

• 2005 National Champs.jpg
    2005 National Champs.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 350
I drove up Franklin this afternoon and saw nothing different from normal, other than a couple of scorched places on the pavement, a broken window at the wine bar and some paint on the road...We ate at our regular Tuesday night hang out bar and they had plenty of libations...and their beer truck comes in on Wednesday...According to the two bar/restaurant owners that I talked to today...most of the stupid stuff happend after closing...Local news said 40K+ people on the street last night...This place gets crazier every year...

So far McCants is a definte for the NBA. Felton is a maybe and May has always said he was going to stay 4 years. None of them are ready for the NBA and Felton had a poor showing these past few games. And I imagine Roy is almost begging Marvin Williams to stay, even tho I dont think he is ready for the next level, who can argue with millions of dollars being flashed around.

And on a side note, when DID moving screens become legal???? :confused:

RufusTheRam said:

WHINER

wait explain this, why do people who never attended school there act like they care? like they have this school spirit thing. i mean why dont yall just go buy a carolina alumni sticker and put it on your car to. i hate carolina fans, they are the biggest ban wagon fans on the whole map.

go to hell carolina, GO STATE!

stone said:
wait explain this, why do people who never attended school there act like they care? like they have this school spirit thing. i mean why dont yall just go buy a carolina alumni sticker and put it on your car to. i hate carolina fans, they are the biggest ban wagon fans on the whole map.

Legal did go there. As for me, I could give a shit about any of the colleges here. But I have to live with her.

no whining here, simply stating the facts... :D had even one of the 3's fallen that illinois took in the closing minutes fallen, it would have been a different game. carolina was at a complete loss to guard the 3 point shot THE WHOLE GAME. they allowed i can't count how many wide open shots behind the arc. carolina played a nice first half and part of the second, but illinois really beat themselves towards the end with mental mistakes and missed open shots.
And on a side note, when DID moving screens become legal????
i'll agree with that... definitely some questionable screens. they covered them up well, they'd obviously practiced doing just that. illinois was catching some ridiculous foul calls though, so i think it evened out. carolina should have adapted to it as well, i can understand having a hard time with them for a few plays, but not get shut down by them for a whole game like that.
wait explain this, why do people who never attended school there act like they care?
lol, really... how many of you in this thread supporting them actually go or went there? ;) i'm glad they brought a title back to this area, it will benefit the whole state and conference, but i just can't bring myself to pull for them. i lost any respect for this year's team and williams when they played state the first time this year. not because they beat us so bad, but because of how they went about it. intentionally running up the score, making flashy plays/dunks when they're up by 20, and showing a general complete lack of class.
None of them are ready for the NBA
i hate the nba and hardly watch it, but with minimal work may would be competitive. give him a strong off season, and he'd be ready to start for someone i think.

stone said:

I take it you went to state? Alot of state fans I know are the same way.

I have never seen so many illegal screens, and when the anouncers start commenting on them, you know there is a problem.

And as far as the fouls going against Ill....if you are stupid enough to stick your arm out and slap someone, you are going to get called. Try moving your feet a little.
Also every dunk and lay-in, minus a few, that Carolina made Ill fouled them with no call.

So bad calls went both ways. :beer:

Back