I just have to say.....

There is no way that everyone is going to see eye to eye on this issue. If Illinois HAD won the game, all us carolina fans would be complaining just as much about how we got screwed on the calls. Either way, the first half was too easy for the heels. A 15 point lead at any point in time during the game on the nations number one team is rediculous. It was a good game, if not the best one of the top three best games of the tournement. I'm just glad dook didn't win :flipoff2:

The reason most of those moving screens were not called is because the UNC defenders refused to try to fight through them. That would've initiated the contact and highlighted the offensive players movement and forced the ref to make a call, one way or the other. Instead, they just made defensive switches to guard the screener. It's really amazing that such a poor defensive team managed to win. :(

As for the NBA. Mccants & Felton are gone, according to most inside sources and it's hard to imagine Sean May's stock being any higher. Marvin would have had an All American type year if Roy had started him. Can't say I blame him for trying to keep him on the bench, but you can't hide talent like that. It looks like Corey Maggette all over again. The guy doesn't start for his college team yet is still a lottery pick. Go figure.

One thing Duke/NCSU/UNC fans can all agree on....Billy Packer blows.

RedNCRanger said:
A 15 point lead at any point in time during the game on the nations number one team is rediculous.

Yeah, I was thinking that Illinois didn't play up to par either, but Roy needs to take the credit here. The UNC guys have always had talent, but Sam the Eagle couldn't get them to play. Roy got them to play, and kept them listening to him, where the Illini got nervous and were under more pressure because they only had one loss...

As for someone elses comment about NCSU fans... I agree, NCSU fans tend to be graduates, and family of graduates. As for us being bitchy about bandwagon fans, not all of us feel that way (eg. I don't give a shit, it's the Carolina guys that I know that give me the most grief). UNC and Duke have won a few championships though, and are widely known and recognized nationally, so the bandwagon wienies just happened to jump on the UNC/Duke train. Whoop-de-doo... NCSU and Maryland had "closet" fans come out for the 83 and 02? championships.

J

Here is my prediction... Look at State- we knocked off last years defending champ. Look for us to do the same thing next year. :D

stone said:
wait explain this, why do people who never attended school there act like they care? like they have this school spirit thing. i mean why dont yall just go buy a carolina alumni sticker and put it on your car to. i hate carolina fans, they are the biggest ban wagon fans on the whole map.

go to hell carolina, GO STATE!

I was just pulling for whatever was left of the local teams..
But we couldn’t have gotten this without the UNC reproductive endocrinology department.. So yea, I was pullin for em.

normal_CRW_7881.jpg
normal_CRW_7875.jpg

yeah, that's an exception to the rule for sure! i'd be blind if it wasn't for duke's eye center and ground breaking technology.

Back