I lost my best friend this past week.

upnover

Grumpy, decrepit Old Man
Steve and I had been friends since we were 7 yrs old. We met while out sledding with all the neighborhood kids, and a hill(street) that the city closed off due to how steep it was. After that, we were in 4-H together, Boy Scouts, Swim team, all together. We ran around together in High school, went out got drunk, chased girls and so on. Got married with in a few months of each other. Did projects(building) at his home, or my home. When his ex and he broke up, he showed up at my home at midnight, standing at the end of my bed calling my name till I woke up, asking me if he could stay there. Ended up staying 3 or 4 months in my old RV till he got another home. Steve was 2 days older than me. One thing we never did, is get into arguments, fights or so on. We may have went a couple of years a few times and not see each other, but when we did, it was like we had just seen each other last week. Steve was looking for a home, and I found a place a mile and a half down the road, and he bought it. I really feel for his wife, she is Filipino, and not only her English, but her understanding of what all is going on, or what to do. She works as a plumbers helper up in the Sugar mountain areas. Right now, since she went back to work for a couple days, I have been watching her dog "Sketch" Which looks like a miniature Pit bull. Which, luckily, gets along with my dog Buddy. He's been no issue at all, other than always wanting to go out, which is no surprise, since he was used to a doggie door, and went out as much as he wanted. Anyway, this has weighed heavy on my heart, but at the same time, it's not often you have a 54 year friendship for one reason or another.
So, tell your friends how much they mean to you. You may not get another chance. They may know, and feel the same, but, tell them.

Really sorry for your loss Chip. It's rare that you can know someone & be friends that long! I have one best friend that has been around 50 years. We've had our ups & downs, but he is the only one that is still around after all these years! We see or talk to each other every week. 🙏

Very sorry for your loss, Chip

Sorry Chip. That a long time.

Sorry for the loss Chip.

Chip, very sorry.
Sounds like a good man.
Cherish the good memories.

Back