I need a new gas grill...

BigClay

Knower of useless ZJ things
I need a new gas grill.

I grill at least once a week, I already have a good charcoal grill, but want a new small gas grill to be able to use quickly during the week. Probably only need two burners.

What should I look for and where should I get it?

Weber spirit. I have one and it’s a champ for exactly what you described. Picked it up at Lowe’s. Folks have one too and have been drilling on it for 6+ years no issues.

I love my Weber camping grill I use it at the house best gas grill I have ever cooked with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craigslist Weber. Or spend a grand on something marginally better.

I don't think I've turned the grill on since I got the blackstone........2 years ago!

I have a hunch that my wife is getting me one for Fathers Day. @Curtis_H bought one and literally uses it ALL the time. It’s so convenient and versatile.

Recently several of us were at his house working on his Jeep. He whipped up a killer meal (chicken, tators, veggies) in just minutes to feed us all, and only dirtied up like one pan which was the baking sheet he served it on. It’s just so easy.

I have a hunch that my wife is getting me one for Fathers Day. @Curtis_H bought one and literally uses it ALL the time. It’s so convenient and versatile.

Recently several of us were at his house working on his Jeep. He whipped up a killer meal (chicken, tators, veggies) in just minutes to feed us all, and only dirtied up like one pan which was the baking sheet he served it on. It’s just so easy.

I use mine 3-5 times a week. Hell, I cooked last night on it! The ease is the main reason I use it so often. You hit the nail on the head with the dishes. It cuts down tremendously on dishes. I've got to where I even cut the food on the griddle while its cooking. I love it and will never be without one.

Now if I just had a covered porch I'd be set. Grilling in the rain kinda sucks!

Hmmm this has me thinking, i have been lookng at them for awhile just didn't know anyone that had one. do they need to be stored inside or are they ok outside with a cover? just wondering what the flat top is made out of and will it rust?

Btw, grilled chicken breast cook super quick on that thing. I only cook mine 2 minutes a side with a cast iron griddle press!

Steaks are 4 minutes a side (with the cast iron press) for medium rare. Best sear I've ever been able to do!!

Hmmm this has me thinking, i have been lookng at them for awhile just didn't know anyone that had one. do they need to be stored inside or are they ok outside with a cover? just wondering what the flat top is made out of and will it rust?

I know it's expensive, but pick one of these up with the griddle...
https://www.amazon.com/Blackstone-5004-Griddle-Grill-Cover/dp/B07B1QHXTJ

It can be put on it while it's still hot. For leaving it outside, just turn the burners off and spread a little on it and it's fine.

IS Blackstone they way to go, are the other brands better worst or about the same. Im guessing the cart and burners would be they only differences. the top would depend on how well you get it seasoned and take care of it like cast iron.

IS Blackstone they way to go, are the other brands better worst or about the same. Im guessing the cart and burners would be they only differences. the top would depend on how well you get it seasoned and take care of it like cast iron.

@Curtis_H will have to chime in, I don’t remember what he has but it’s not Blackstone. His is more travel friendly. It fold up and is easy to carry. Blackstone is great but not as mobile.

FYI Wilmington has totally re-designed their product in the last 12 months.
Its now a premium price for a an above average product. Their claim to fame was they were a fawking tank. Over built, heavy, simple and would last forever...now the legs are 14 or 16 guage stamped stainless like everyone else, the surface area has shrunk, they are using a cheap import burner....started to buy one last year deciedd to put it off a year and now regret the delay.

Weber x[whatever it's up to]. I've got this little guy and works great for our family of 4. Also nice because it packs up small for camping, etc. as the side trays fold in. It takes the small propane bottles (think the Coleman camp stoves), but I bought the adapter to hook my big tank up as well.

Weber Q 2200 | Gas Grill | Weber Grills

Then I got this off Amazon which is clutch!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FLRB0GK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've also got the cover for it but don't use it much since I store it in my garage.

FYI Wilmington has totally re-designed their product in the last 12 months.
Its now a premium price for a an above average product. Their claim to fame was they were a fawking tank. Over built, heavy, simple and would last forever...now the legs are 14 or 16 guage stamped stainless like everyone else, the surface area has shrunk, they are using a cheap import burner....started to buy one last year deciedd to put it off a year and now regret the delay.
That's a shame to hear. The one we have at the beach lives outside uncovered. Been that way since .. 2000?, through all the hurricanes and everything, and has been just chugging along. We did replace the old iron burners with cast stainless. Fantastic product.

Get a pellet grill. Love mine and it works for grilling, smoking, baking.
Ive got a pellet and an egg as well...but neither do the job of the gas grill.
Its really a completely different appliance.

Its like he is asking which dually to buy to haul his 34' goose neck and you just replied man them new hellcats are wicked fast. That's great and all but it aint pulling a 5er.
And your pellet grill int doing shit when I need to have meat on the grill in under 5 minutes because...life.

Back