In Case Ya'll Forgot

Wolfpack OffRoad

What I drive.... I got finished w/ my sye and custom d shaft. I'm working on a roof rack right now for her.

Attachments

• DSCN0744.JPG
    DSCN0744.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 797
  • jeep2.JPG
    jeep2.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 801
No sir, I am no where near stopping. I have more plans in store for her. Money is the key. :burnout:

i like it....thats the kind of jeep im looking for seem to be pretty cheap with high miles on them

Yeah, I paid 800 for her and she has about 308,000 miles on her. The 4.0L is like a boat motor, made to run all day. Someone told me that a boatbuilding company was going out of business and that a car company was looking for a new motor and so they sold their engine design. The car company kept the same casting tin content and just changed the fuel and exhaust design. Now, I am not sure that this is accurate at all, I have never been able to find anything to back it up anywhere. But it is nice to think of it like that.

I read somewhere the 4 banger they put in the willis could operate for 100 hours or so running at 4,000 rpm's(redline) constant. That is screaming!

timmersinger said:
i like it....thats the kind of jeep im looking for seem to be pretty cheap with high miles on them

Check the For Sale section. I happen to know for sure there is one in there for you. :D

This one looks good, but are you out of room inside, or just like the looks of a roof rack?

Wolfpack OffRoad said:
Yeah, I paid 800 for her and she has about 308,000 miles on her. The 4.0L is like a boat motor, made to run all day. Someone told me that a boatbuilding company was going out of business and that a car company was looking for a new motor and so they sold their engine design. The car company kept the same casting tin content and just changed the fuel and exhaust design. Now, I am not sure that this is accurate at all, I have never been able to find anything to back it up anywhere. But it is nice to think of it like that.

I read somewhere the 4 banger they put in the willis could operate for 100 hours or so running at 4,000 rpm's(redline) constant. That is screaming!

Are you talking about the jeep 4.0 coming from a boat company? It's really an updated version of an old Frod straight six. That's why it last so long, jeep bought a version of fords straight six and retooled it making it alot better now we have the incredible 4.0 that doesn't seam to die.

It was just hear-say about the boat thing. I was skeptical, but couldn't find any history of the motor anywhere.

My 86 has like 260k miles on body but the engine was completly stripped and rebuilt only 60k ago, got her for 600, it was my ex gf's family and they didnt use it anymore
Ryan

Back