In Depth Code Scanner

Infamous1

I have a 2008 Chevrolet Colorado with a service 4WD message on the cluster. I replaced the transfer case module after the 4WD stopped working but I am unable to clear codes with my basic scanner. Anyone know of a generic type scanner that will read and clear body codes and other modules. Not wanting to spend a ton but would like to have something. May have to just pay the man...

I have a 2008 Chevrolet Colorado with a service 4WD message on the cluster. I replaced the transfer case module after the 4WD stopped working but I am unable to clear codes with my basic scanner. Anyone know of a generic type scanner that will read and clear body codes and other modules. Not wanting to spend a ton but would like to have something. May have to just pay the man...
Going to have to get a full on scanner. The generic types only read the obd2 side of the computer(ob2 protocol may not include your codes). Some advertise they will do it but be careful, there a very few codes on the body side in obd2 protocol. You are looking at $700 and up to get one that will be vehicle specific and have bilateral communication.

Thank you @snappy thats kind of what I figured. I may just borrow a Tech II to get this truck fixed and not worry about getting a new scanner. I have HP Tuners that takes care of most of my junk.

Back