Info on AOP

That was not there last time I was there. Almost a 2 years though.
They were definitely there when we were. Just a row of them at the front up by the pavilion/ bath house. Money was raised for a new bath house and I've heard more power sites were going in as well.

you're going to have a blast. was there last weekend for trailfest. lots of rain meant lots of mud but it was still a great time. There are showers and bathrooms at the main pavilion and also in a trailer next to the trail head. I didn't take a lap around the camping area so I can't speak to what is available out in that zone.

We are pulling trailers. So 40/75 is better? We wanted to avoid traffic in Knoxville.
Better in the sense you don't have to deal with Atlanta traffic. Knoxville traffic is practically non existent compared to Atlanta.

They were definitely there when we were. Just a row of them at the front up by the pavilion/ bath house. Money was raised for a new bath house and I've heard more power sites were going in as well.

Weird, I asked about electric sites and they said they were working on it but not yet which is why I got a hotel room.

Better in the sense you don't have to deal with Atlanta traffic. Knoxville traffic is practically non existent compared to Atlanta.

Yea no doubt. Atlanta is hell and with the 85 damage it will be worse. They need a interstate from Greenville, SC to Chattanooga, TN IMHO!

Got back from AOP yesterday and we had a great time. They probably have about 10 or 12 sites with power and water. They are in the big field in front of the pavilion. Bring lots of shade canopies if you go....... We had a lot of breakage but I think it was just one of those weekends where if it could go wrong it would. The new bathhouse isn't finished, there were showers at the pavilion and at an bath/shower trailer he has set up.

We ended up taking 40/74/75/26 around Chattanooga. I think we missed a lot of traffic that way and had a nice scenic drive, although it was in the pouring rain yesterday.

One of our guys had the transmission in his tow rig go out while we were down there. The owner of AOP came out with a scan tool to see if it was a simple fix and when it wasn't, loaded the truck up on his trailer and took the truck to his shop to have the trans pulled and sent to the trans shop for repairs. That's first class if you ask me, saved us from having to find a shop and trailer it over and let us have more wheeling time.

Back