Insulation Company

rodney eppes

My Boss is in need of a company that can blow insulation into the walls, of a finished house. By what he says, most of the walls are plaster, Not Sheetrock, if it makes any difference. Renovating a 1940s rental.
This is in the Mount Holly/Mountain Island area. Thanks!

I've used Arnold Insulators out of Shelby a few times and they were good.

Curious on what it costs to get insulation blown in interior walls?
Tom, Ron or Rodney, if you don't want to post publicly feel free to PM me.

I'm thinking about trying to quiet down our house a bit. I am certain there is no insulation on the interior walls.

I'm thinking about trying to quiet down our house a bit. I am certain there is no insulation on the interior walls.

There's basically no difference. You're talking about an STC of 34 vs 36.

I've never had it done. had attics blown and crawl spaces batted.

Virtually no houses have interior walls insulated.
There are ways to quiet it down, but blown in insulation wouldn't be my first choice.

I don’t know what STC is Shawn.

Well shit I was hoping that would quiet it down. Any suggestions?
(Apologies for the post hijack Rodney)

Sound Transmission Class

STC = sound transmission class

For an existing wall, about all I’d do is add another layer of gypsum.

I wouldn't do shit. Another layer of GWB on resilient channels would make a significant difference, but it requires putty pads on all the wall penetrations and staggering boxes in stud cavities. Adding another layer of GWB, insulation, resilient channels, etc, aren't going to make a difference unless you seal all the air leaks.

I did our old house in statesville. I had a company from Iredell county blow in dense pack cellulose in all the exterior walls. It made a huge difference in sound. And a equally huge mess. They went in from the inside because of the brick ext. I think it cost 3-4 grand but it's been 12years. They have made a lot of advances in foam since then. They have a foam now that won't expand and damage Sheetrock and only uses a 1/4" hole at the top of stub bay. Depending on what wall you wanna insulate you could probably run a 1" foam polyiso sheet layer, then Sheetrock over, and throw some box extenders on your outlets on that wall.

I had passed the Two recommended companies, to my Boss's mother, who had inquired. I've been waiting to see who she chooses, & check the cost. Only, she hasn't done Anything.

Back