Interco tire

Noel

I posted a pic or 2 in another thread. I purchased a set of the sx2 stickies 40”. They arrived Friday 9/22. Literally stayed up all night mounting them to my bead locks. Didn’t move the jeep one but til this past Saturday 9/30 to load up and do a shake down run at ure of all places. From cotton place parking lot to the top of Daniel… the tires were already trashed. Will attach pics. After that I possibly broke an output in the case racing through the woods and a shifter mishap. So unhooked the front shaft. The fronts even though weren’t even pulling still continued to crumble. I have contacted interco several times yesterday with no response as well as email. I guess I’m getting nervous about loosing all that money. Luckily I did pay with a cc so I’m leaning towards disputing if I don’t hear back by the end of today. What are y’all’s thoughts. I mean the tires are literally trash, wouldn’t even wanna keep one for a spare. I’m sure they are gonna try to run me though the ringers about shipping and all if they do call me back. I’d be happy to ship them back but it will need to be their dime and I want my previous shipping back as well. Hopefully no one else will buy these junk tires

Attachments

• IMG_5289.jpeg
    IMG_5289.jpeg
    213.4 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_5271.jpeg
    IMG_5271.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_5267.jpeg
    IMG_5267.jpeg
    188 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_5264.jpeg
    IMG_5264.jpeg
    181.7 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_5270.jpeg
    IMG_5270.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_5268.jpeg
    IMG_5268.jpeg
    178.3 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_5269.jpeg
    IMG_5269.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_5290.jpeg
    IMG_5290.jpeg
    151.5 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_5288.jpeg
    IMG_5288.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 138
Did you have 10,000hp on a 20,000lb rig with zero psi in them driving through a bed of hot coals in the middle of a UV storm? Otherwise that's complete crap.

I'm no rubber expert, and I know they're supposed to be soft, but those lugs that ripped off look like a sponge. Wonder if the rubber didn't cure properly or compound was off?

I'm no rubber expert, and I know they're supposed to be soft, but those lugs that ripped off look like a sponge. Wonder if the rubber didn't cure properly or compound was off?
That’s my thought as well, seems very grainy inside the lugs. Also seems the center lungs faired better. But are still quite a bit chewed up.

Is this the run that was posted recently on the interco blem list? @Georgia Mike hope you fair better...

Jeez that’s terrible and basing that on running nothing but stickies for almost the last decade.

Reds sxs treps mickeys. Shooooo buddy nothing I’ve seen do that terrible that fast.

Even on Moab 140° asphalt to and from trails in July.

I mean that looks like a thrashing on sharp shale not dry clay and granite.

I have this # saved in my phone for Interco if it helps 🤷‍♂️
IMG_3664.png

Jeez that’s terrible and basing that on running nothing but stickies for almost the last decade.

Reds sxs treps mickeys. Shooooo buddy nothing I’ve seen do that terrible that fast.

Even on Moab 140° asphalt to and from trails in July.

I mean that looks like a thrashing on sharp shale not dry clay and granite.

I have this # saved in my phone for Interco if it helps 🤷‍♂️
View attachment 404554
I finally got a email back… sent them a slew of pics. Of course they need the dot numbers off of them. Which I don’t think they have. But I will take pics of sidewalls tonight for them.

I had a set of 36x12.5x16.5 bias ply TSL's on my 96 350 crew cab. Strictly street driven miles. Inside of 250 miles I started throwing/chunking outer lugs on the rear tires...like complete patches were flying and got down to the belts. This was 8ish years ago, but I was told I'd have to buy one at full price and they'd give me 50% on the other. Hopefully mine was just shitty luck and you have better luck than I did.

Damn, seeing this is very disappointing. I guess I am not buying interco tires anytime soon.

Update. Lady from interco contacted me. Seems they wanna make the situation right. Tried to offer me the sticky ltbs which I politely denied as I’m now scared of their new compounds on the new sticky lines. Plus ltb have funky wide ass sizes. She said she would call back tomorrow with more options.

Is this the run that was posted recently on the interco blem list? @Georgia Mike hope you fair better...
I was afraid of this. The compound seems like it's marshmallow-soft. I grabbed a lug and manipulated it very easily by hand. I thought "man, that sure is soft. I don't think these will last long." Then I figured "well, they know what they're doing" so I really didn't think much more of it. Looks like I may be wrong.

I was afraid of this. The compound seems like it's marshmallow-soft. I grabbed a lug and manipulated it very easily by hand. I thought "man, that sure is soft. I don't think these will last long." Then I figured "well, they know what they're doing" so I really didn't think much more of it. Looks like I may be wrong.
These were cut from racing but same catastrophic failure from the same exact tire. I’d get ahead of it if I were you. Also several others on the face page thing I have heard about

Attachments

• output.jpeg
    output.jpeg
    216.8 KB · Views: 60
@Georgia Mike if you wanna text me 3362550099 I will go into more detail about how I got my situation corrected.
To be fair. One of the 4 did hold up.
Checked mine today, still uninstalled, of course. All of mine are 1823 date codes. What are the codes on yours?

Back