interested in axle

JonathanS

Now im looking to SAS my Xterra... um the question i have the kit im getting says it needs a DANA 44 from a wagoneer 80-85, now is it possible to buy this new? or used? How does this work thanx :)

New = high price used is your best bet. Post a wanted ad and look in the paper. Alot of times you can find a wag with a blown motor or too much rust to fix for cheap. There was one in the traiding post last week for around $300 ( bad motor ).

Forgot to mention some where around 83 - 84 they used a vacum disco. so watch out for that one.

JonathanS said:
Now im looking to SAS my Xterra... um the question i have the kit im getting says it needs a DANA 44 from a wagoneer 80-85, now is it possible to buy this new? or used? How does this work thanx :)

Really you can make any non-vacuum disco 80-91 waggy D44 work. 86+ has a trac-bar mount that needs to be scrapped. Vacuum disco axles were equipped on Command-Trac Waggys. Fulltime (Quadratrac) waggys have the non-disco axle.

www.car-part.com or keep a watch on all the boards. Heck craigslist.com seems to have a fair amount of parts traffic.

lugnut said:
Forgot to mention some where around 83 - 84 they used a vacum disco. so watch out for that one.

if the vaccuum assembly is anything like it is on a HP30, a little blockoff plate can be made pretty easily. I wouldn't get hung up on it just over this. If you haven't already check out www.noas.com, they've got alot of info on SFA x-terras and frontiers.

JonathanS said:
Some of those years 80-85 have vac disconents. do you need pass or driver drop?

RedX said:
The Northeast Ohio Adoption Sevices are now into SAS-ing Nissans.....Who'd a thunk it?
:p

yea they actually run a sweatshop where all the little bastardized immigrant children can do some amazing cutting, welding, and fabrication!

Back