What is your phone of choice?

• Android

Votes: 21 67.7%
  • iOS

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Sticky payphone at the strip club

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
8. Not being able to swipe down and see which wifi network I am on. I have 2 at the house and they overlap, but if I'm on the garage apartment wifi, I can't chromecast to the living room or basement TV's. Only way to know is to go to settings.

You can do that... swipe down from top right corner where the battery icon is. Press and hold on the wifi symbol, then press and hold same wifi symbol on the next popup to change connection point (that popup says what you are connected to, so you may not need to go further)

I'm glad to see this thread. I have an android phone now, I used to have an iPhone for work several years ago and never cared for it.

Now I work with a bunch of younger folks that all have iphones and give me a hard time about it. I just assumed I was getting old and set on my ways.

They also think XJs are better than TJs, so I think that says something about their judgment...

#6 is Portrait orientation lock for the display, not pics to be clear, and 2 of the girls at work have the same issue. They both also have 14 Pros so maybe it’s model specific.

#10 I bet it switches to Live Photo once or twice a month, and I don’t realize until I’ve taken a handful of pics.

#8 What do you suggest I do for the Wi-Fi? I’m not gonna spend any money on it. I also like having a separate network for the garage apartment for when we rent it out or the wife’s family is staying there.

If you won’t spend money on it then you are kinda of stuck depending on what equipment you have

But a lot of systems now can run multiple ssid’s. I have a guest network that I configured on mine people can use if I don’t want them on my main network. I can also rate limit that network so they don’t slow us down too.

You can do that... swipe down from top right corner where the battery icon is. Press and hold on the wifi symbol, then press and hold same wifi symbol on the next popup to change connection point (that popup says what you are connected to, so you may not need to go further)
Fantastic, thank you. Does exactly what I need.

If you won’t spend money on it then you are kinda of stuck depending on what equipment you have

But a lot of systems now can run multiple ssid’s. I have a guest network that I configured on mine people can use if I don’t want them on my main network. I can also rate limit that network so they don’t slow us down too.
Yeah, with money and effort I could make it better, but honestly it’s not a problem if I can quick glance which network I’m on.

1000000431.jpg

We are very much not alike. I have no idea what color the phone is that I'm typing this on. All my phones get an Amazon case and glass screen protector to try and keep them from breaking and that's all I care about. I average 4 years out of my android phones and the only reason I replace them is the charging port finally gives up the ghost.
I bought my wife good (15W) Qi wireless chargers and she stopped killing charging ports. Since they have supported Qi since the at least the S5 it is not an issue anymore. Still baffles me that iPhones took forever to adopt wireless charging, sometimes I forget that I can do that with my work iPhone.

I have always had Androids, iPhones are simply not intuitive for me and I do not like "black boxes." The forced upgrades are ridiculous and since every hacker on the planet is trying to crack them my work is forcing the iOS upgrades all the time.

I bought my wife good (15W) Qi wireless chargers and she stopped killing charging ports. Since they have supported Qi since the at least the S5 it is not an issue anymore. Still baffles me that iPhones took forever to adopt wireless charging, sometimes I forget that I can do that with my work iPhone.

I have always had Androids, iPhones are simply not intuitive for me and I do not like "black boxes." The forced upgrades are ridiculous and since every hacker on the planet is trying to crack them my work is forcing the iOS upgrades all the time.
This. I killed so many chargers and ports before going wireless. Pager would go off and I'd get out the door only to realize I still had a phone charger lol.

Back