Is 3500 a good price for an '89 YJ?

Macdaddy4738

http://community.webshots.com/album/546571953ffJMbo

its the red one...pics can be found there.

Seems the fuel gauge is slightly messed up, could use some new rubber, and only includes the full soft doors.

Im not sure if thats a good price or not on something like that. The paint is pretty much flawless. It drives good, shifts fine, wiper's hesitate a bit though...

What do you guys think?:confused:

I'll step in it and say I think it's a bit much. Looks as if it has seen some salt. Fresh paint over rust. Rust on oil pan, frame, and other places. Don't let the shine blind you.

upnover said:
I'll step in it and say I think it's a bit much. Looks as if it has seen some salt. Fresh paint over rust. Rust on oil pan, frame, and other places. Don't let the shine blind you.

I think I can talk him down to 2800 ish

Oh, my bad on my previous post (other thread). For osme reason I was thinking XJ, not YJ. Sorry. Will relegate to others' opinion on this one.

I saw the one area right by the body mount that looks as if it has been rusted through. If you are looking for a project then 3500 or even 2800 might be a bit much. But if your looking for a DD then I would get anything that needed work like that. That looks like it could turn into a serious problem. Personally I think you should hold out for something with Fuel injection and you should pay about the same price.

I personally would look at this one before you strike a deal

I just painted my CJ saturday and it's flawless, but I've got TONS of work to do still....don't let a new cote of paint and a can of black krylon on the undercarriage fool you! Theres some work

Back