Is This A Bad Thing?

Joel

holeinone.jpg

2000 TJ Sport and 106,000 miles. :mad:

Drove it into work Thursday morning and everything sounded fine. Came out to go to lunch and as soon as I fired it up it sounded horrible. Luckily where I work is about halfway between my house and 44 Magnum Offroad so I didn't have too far to go. 8 miles south of Danville she threw a rod and is now awaiting a transplant up at Bill's shop.

Caver Dave said:
Dang, that sucks! Surprising, since you never bounced it off the rev limiter for minutes at a time on Kodak or anything... ;)

When was the last time Mossy was even at Kodak? :fuck-you:

In one of the rags, Collins Bros Jeep said that they are noticing 4.0 blocks breaking during a few model years.

I have noticed that at a few other boards where in the last couple weeks three '00s have had the same problem with about the same mileage. Do you happen to remember where you saw that article?

Jp Magazine, June '06 ish, pg 16
"4.0L Flaw?
Collins Brothers Jeep has told JP of a "trend" it's starting to see: block failures of the 4.0L's motor-mount section. "We have replaced quite a few '99-'01 blocks with damage. Could be abuse or a design flaw, but we have started checking everything with a big lift that is coming in"

ramrock4x4 said:
35's ever get mounted up?

Yup. Got that done last weekend. June is an expensive month for me this year. My timing could not be more perfect. :shaking:

100_9485.JPG

100_9493.JPG

Crappy cell phone pic:

06-10-06_1237.jpg

R Q said:
Jp Magazine, June '06 ish, pg 16
"4.0L Flaw?
Collins Brothers Jeep has told JP of a "trend" it's starting to see: block failures of the 4.0L's motor-mount section. "We have replaced quite a few '99-'01 blocks with damage. Could be abuse or a design flaw, but we have started checking everything with a big lift that is coming in"

Thanks R Q!

sorry 'bout the motor...

but it sure looked good with the springs/shocks/35's...:D

gonna let Matt install it for you? :lol: :lol:

BTW...clean out your PM box...I tried to send this in a PM, but your storage is full, so I figured I'd just post it...

Greg

bigwaylon said:
sorry 'bout the motor...

but it sure looked good with the springs/shocks/35's...:D

It still looks good. I just need someone to pull/push me up a hill so I can drive it. ;)

gonna let Matt install it for you? :lol: :lol:

No, I need it done soon and I must be able to drive it. If it wasn't for those two requirements I would be all about saving some money with MattyFab Inc. :D

BTW...clean out your PM box...I tried to send this in a PM, but your storage is full, so I figured I'd just post it...

Greg

Done :)

so other than the motor, and the new tires, any other mods, did you keep the same lift? Must say it does have a nice look to it.

When Greg (Big Waylon) went to coilovers I bought his RE 4.5" springs and Bilstein 5100 shocks and sold my RE 3.5" springs and DT shocks. I think the 35's would have fit just fine with 3.5" springs but I think it looks pretty proportional now. I was looking forward to trying out the 35's next weekend on the trail but I don't think that is gonna happen.

You get something to wheel yet?

ahh sold the ram, and have been looking at a few xj's saw one but was sold out from under me so still kinda looking. But i did sell the ram still rockin the webwheeling.com decal.

I am sure you will find something. You are always welcome to my passenger seat if it is open next time we go wheeling.

The Heep is back home tonight! Bill at 44 Magnum Offroad did an awesome job and everything works as expected. Thanks to Ridgerunner for a great price on an '02 4.0 w/18k miles on it. I'm still getting used to the new clutch as I am not used to it engaging so close to the floorboards which caused me to stall it out at two different stoplights in Danville. The tub is definitely a little higher up with the BL and the motor is also appreciably higher with the MML. It drove great all the way home and it actually ran a few degrees cooler than where I am used to seeing it thanks to the new all metal 3 row radiator. Of course any hope for more mods this year is pretty much crushed. Can't wait to get it back out on the trails!

100_9736.JPG

100_9729.JPG

100_9730.JPG

100_9735.JPG

100_9728.JPG

100_9727.JPG

R Q said:
"We have replaced quite a few '99-'01 blocks with damage. Could be abuse or a design flaw, but we have started checking everything with a big lift that is coming in"

Son of a bitch. Somebody buy my jeep!

Back