Is this a scam?

its hard to turn a profit sending out a $3 bill/envelope for a $1 toll.
The logic is sound and maybe I'm out of line here... but... maybe the problem is trying to profit off of what should be a public service.

97epib.jpg

I was a big critic of them. Managed properly they are great. You won't find a better/safer piece of interstate than Monroe Expressway. The revenue funds go back directly into the maintenance so you won't find a pothole or any other hazard out there. I can save 45 mins of stop and go traffic and it only costs me $4? I'll pay that everytime.

Managed poorly and yeah there is no extra incentive for using it at all, even with saving time in traffic.

Sounds like we need to dissolve the government and let people build their own toll roads! :D

I was a big critic of them. Managed properly they are great. You won't find a better/safer piece of interstate than Monroe Expressway. The revenue funds go back directly into the maintenance so you won't find a pothole or any other hazard out there. I can save 45 mins of stop and go traffic and it only costs me $4? I'll pay that everytime.

Managed poorly and yeah there is no extra incentive for using it at all, even with saving time in traffic.
Yea. WV roads gets worse once you go through the booths lol

Back