It’s Official, COVID has ruined my life

I think you need a ceiling in the bathroom......Is that grinder dust or something else from the shop coming into the bathroom. I hope so, Not sure how else it could get that dirty. Definitely wouldn't want to sit and read NC4x4 on that shitter. Wonder what the last guys ass looks like seat looks clean. LOL
Grinding dust, wheelabrator shot, 80 mesh garnet, 30/60 garnet, welding slag, rusty stuff, soot, natural SC sand, peepee and boogers.

I use MSG on almost everything I cook.

China is the world’s largest producer of MSG and one of the remedies of the Wuflu is ingesting MSG?

Coincidence? Or a form of purposeful self enrichment?

Geeeee, I wonder where he could have caught any number of viruses from.

Wtf kinda heathen environment do you work in?
My shop pisser looks like the bathroom from the movie Saw.
@XJsavage's is a rookie level pisser.

True story. I had/have to use brake cleaner to attempt to clean the lid. A combo of grinder dust and poor aim from hands free pissing due to gear oil soaked hands is the culprit.
I gave Ms. @McCracken a key to the lumberyard pisser (next door) last time they dropped by.

So does shit actually smell like roses now? Or is that still the same?
Funny thing, and my brother has the same thing, is that after COVID I can't smell shit/farts/etc. At all. My best friend is very disappointed at this. He tried to smoke me out of my shop with a nose hair burner that was so bad he couldn't even stand to be in there, but I smelled nothing. :lol: I still have some things I can't taste and smell. Some of my favorite beers just taste like thick water now. I also have a near constant smell of cigarette smoke.

My friend who got it at the same time I did, probably from the same place, has a constant smell of garbage and cigarette smoke. He is a baseball coach who does lessons every day and he said he has no idea if he smells bad or not so he takes like 3-4 showers a day and burns through some deodorant.

True story. I had/have to use brake cleaner to attempt to clean the lid. A combo of grinder dust and poor aim from hands free pissing due to gear oil soaked hands is the culprit.
I gave Ms. @McCracken a key to the lumberyard pisser (next door) last time they dropped by.
Can confirm

Yeah, most people don't realize just how dirty an area can actually get when in the middle of a fab/mechanic shop, and quick! It's insanity.

I have to stay on my employees to keep the bathroom clean or it would look like the one on saw and they wouldn't care. I would hate to go to their home and use theirs.
We even tried an incentive based system that didn't work. Nobody cares it seems like. I had to give up on it after a year and a half. Looks like I'm back at it. :laughing: Nobody else is gonna do it, obviously.
I'm JR Reed, nice to meet you.
IMG_20220119_112007.jpg

Locked my shop bathroom for a week in the winter because they wouldn't keep it decent. They didn't like going outside or driving 2 miles to use the bathroom at the closest gas station on their time not mine. It helped for a while they all have moved on to other things now and someone else's problem to baby sit. I only have me and 2 employees now cant find anyone that can do body work without a ton of baggage that comes along with them. I am 55 now and i going to start scaling back and slow down to what i want to work on. I wish i could quit but i can't hardly afford that right now maybe a few more years. Rant over now. lol.

We even tried an incentive based system that didn't work. Nobody cares it seems like. I had to give up on it after a year and a half. Looks like I'm back at it. :laughing: Nobody else is gonna do it, obviously.
I'm JR Reed, nice to meet you.
View attachment 365468

Sounds like you need to change the locks, and keep the key to yourself. Let them find their own place the go.

Sounds like you need to change the locks, and keep the key to yourself. Let them find their own place the go.
I would, but I have a severe lack of authority here, and for good reason. I go from overly nice to the Devil very quickly. This place does need that more often than not, but I stay out of it. I'm about done with it anyways once I completely move an hour away and give my word to another growing welding business owner that wants me BADLY.

Ok, well… After finding some aloe nose spray damn near everything stinks or tastes horrible. Included in that is any meat that I’ve tried included Bacon.

Add to that list coffee and beer now.

I may as well list what I have found I can eat. Grapes, cheese, oranges, bananas, milk and cereal and Oreos.

On the plus side, I’ve lost about 8lbs this week and my gut is shrinking. On the down side…everything else.

Ok, well… After finding some aloe nose spray damn near everything stinks or tastes horrible. Included in that is any meat that I’ve tried included Bacon.

Add to that list coffee and beer now.

I may as well list what I have found I can eat. Grapes, cheese, oranges, bananas, milk and cereal and Oreos.

On the plus side, I’ve lost about 8lbs this week and my gut is shrinking. On the down side…everything else.
I remember being so pumped to go to my inlaws to eat ribeyes just after I was well and they tasted like feet. Keep at it brother, don’t lose hope.

Interestingly enough, I’m on a business trip to England and Czech. So far, most everything I’ve had to eat has been great. So long as they leave onion and garlic out.

I’ve not touched beef yet, but shell fish, lamb, bacon, prawns are all good.

I’m wondering if the meat and food in the US is more processed than here. But I’ve had some tasty damn meals!

I’m wondering if the meat and food in the US is more processed than here. But I’ve had some tasty damn meals!
Is there any question this is true?

parosmia is most commonly caused by too much lead. try a heavy metal detox. chlorella and edta would be a powerful punch.

I have been doing olfactory exercises, had covid 2 1/2 months ago. Lost taste and smell, it is SLOWLY getting better. Every day, two or three times a day I've been smelling essential oils, orange blossom, lavender, tea tree, peppermint, and clove, etc. Through coffee beans in there because why not. I never had the sensation of things smelling bad (could pick up on rotten food way before my wife pre covid ) I'd say my smell is back maybe 65%. Just recently started picking up on subtle smells that I hadn't post covid. Also using Ponaris nasal emollient. Not sure it is what is helping but I'm not stopping because it is slowly improving. YMMV

Back