It's baaaack

Same here, except it just started so the yard isn't white yet. It's coming down hard. This has been a cold, cold winter. Here's hoping for a blistering hot summer! :beer:

A fine snow at the moment. There is a light dusting on the ground. I figure at least 12" in Maiden and the immediate area because the Jeep is down at the moment.

1- I dont believe in GW
2 - A harsh winter does nothing to disprove the GW claim. Much like a blind squirrel finding a nut doesnt not mean blind squirrels are better gatherers.

on the contrary, why does a harsh summer prove global warming then?

it does not.

Global warming is a theory of minor climate change over many years, we are talkin only 2-4 degrees here. A given day at a given place means nothing.

BTW my co worker is in new zealand this week said it was hot as hell, what you thought the global climate revolved around your backyard?

around my backyard, or the entire east coast, snow in austin texas, snow in florida, a little larger than my backyard. different season in australia/new zealand too

around my backyard, or the entire east coast, snow in austin texas, snow in florida, a little larger than my backyard. different season in australia/new zealand too

back in february....there was a day where there was snow on the ground in every state.

Oh, lol...and that runaway ice berg...the one the size of luxemberg...was casued by global cooling.

I hate this shit

whether intentional or not, you are making the "self consumed American" argument for many.

GLOBAL warming is more than even just the US, your backyard.

I hate this shit

oscar_the_grouch.jpg
aobswww.unige.ch__ekstrom_images_ArrowUp.jpg

Oh, lol...and that runaway ice berg...the one the size of luxemberg...was casued by global cooling.

okay...technically...it had to melt before it refroze. i dont deny that the earth was hotter than normal for a while.

i dont deny global warming...i vehemently deny MANMADE global warming.

your shitting me!!! is that why they call is global. fawk, now i get it.

i like how you have drawn two conclusions from nothing though. nothing like assumptions.

whether intentional or not, you are making the "self consumed American" argument for many.
GLOBAL warming is more than even just the US, your backyard.

ruh oh....no more fun and games. when does the name calling start?

HAHA....who would of thought a casual conversation about the weather would lead to an argument.

That's supposed to be a safe bet. Not true anymore.

That you CAN blame on global warming. haha.

your shitting me!!! is that why they call is global. fawk, now i get it.

i like how you have drawn two conclusions from nothing though. nothing like assumptions.

nah I know your smarter than that...just making a point

it does not.
Global warming is a theory of minor climate change over many years, we are talkin only 2-4 degrees here. A given day at a given place means nothing.
BTW my co worker is in new zealand this week said it was hot as hell, what you thought the global climate revolved around your backyard?

Yeah, but did you see the op-ed that Al Gore wrote a couple of days ago? I think it was in the WaPo or NYT. He makes that argument -- that weather does not equal climate -- then goes on to say that the recent cold weather is actually evidence of global warming. :lol:

He actually lets the cat out of the bag in a bigger way, though, by admitting that AGW fear-mongering was always just a lever to get public support for otherwise unpopular policies.

i will be the first to admit that i WANT Al Gore to be wrong though. So I can see how I come off rooting for that. Gore just gets under my skin

Yeah, but did you see the op-ed that Al Gore wrote a couple of days ago? I think it was in the WaPo or NYT. He makes that argument -- that weather does not equal climate -- then goes on to say that the recent cold weather is actually evidence of global warming. :lol:
He actually lets the cat out of the bag in a bigger way, though, by admitting that AGW fear-mongering was always just a lever to get public support for otherwise unpopular policies.
i will be the first to admit that i WANT Al Gore to be wrong though. So I can see how I come off rooting for that. Gore just gets under my skin

yep
yep
Count me in the group that wants Al Gore to be exposed as the blubbering idiot that he is!

Back