Jan workday info

Plan is this
Dutch john- gather rock for crossing
Daniel- work on blocking bypasses and install water breaks

Any club coming i will need to know what trail you will be on so i get it opened up. For you work to work on your trail.

This will also be a planning day with us and the forrest service. So any ideas will be glady welcomed we need to adress

Sounds good. There is 1 crossing that needs rock for sure on Dutch. The others could use some work but don't need a ton. I'm sure we will have a few from our club there. Will find out a solid number by this time next week. I will contact CORE as they sponsor the trail alongside CB4x4. We will also look over the trail for things that might need to be done.

Will anyone be chainsaw approved in case of deadfall on the trail? I would think we'd be ok, but just in case kinda thing.

How will we haul rock? There is a small trailer in the spray field but we need to insure the tires are pumped up on it!

How will we haul rock? There is a small trailer in the spray field but we need to insure the tires are pumped up on it!
I will be bringing my small trailer for us to us. I will also bring the airtank and arb compressor...

I don't have a hitch on my Bronco. Hope we can get some help with the trailer. I've just put rocks in the Bronco to move them. We've scavenged most of the nearby rocks already

I should be there but may have to watch the little one. It's possible that if it isn't too cold I may bring her and try to help with food and as much as I can. Really want to be there with everyone.

Snappy I haven't forgot about you, planning on getting down there with my trailer soon, maybe Sunday after the work day. Been stupid busy with work and my axle swap has fought me since day 1.

Snappy, CNC4x4 is planning to attend but I dont have a headcount yet. Our adopted trail is Slab Pile but we will work wherever we are needed.

My daughter and I are not part of any 4x4 club but would like to come out and lend a hand, we had an amazing first season out at Uwharrie last year and really want to support the park however we can this year. We can join one of the existing groups or happy to form our own little group to work on something on a different trail or trails, just let me know what we can do to help. Thanks!

Shaggy

My daughter and I are not part of any 4x4 club but would like to come out and lend a hand, we had an amazing first season out at Uwharrie last year and really want to support the park however we can this year. We can join one of the existing groups or happy to form our own little group to work on something on a different trail or trails, just let me know what we can do to help. Thanks!

Shaggy
Look forward to seeing you guys there. We will get you in a group no problem.

I plan on being there, new memeber to CTB, & first time on a workday. Not sure how to get to Hunt Camp? you meet at Outpost also, right?

The hunt camp is right down the road from the outpost. Leave outpost, take a right. Then go 3/4 mile and take first right. Look for uwharrie sign and big rocks. That is the entrance to the trail system and the hunt camp will be just down the road on your right. Can't miss it.

There should be a few of us at the Outpost 8:45am ish. I usually meet a few guys there first and then head down to hunt camp.

Glad you guys are getting involved. It is very rewarding.

I will be at the outpost by 0800. I can guide you in the right direction.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone – I hope you all had a great holiday season. Next Saturday, January 25th will be our first winter work day & Snappy & I have been trying to get things lined up. Here are the plans for the day.

We’ll meet at Uwharrie Hunt Camp at 9 am & get everyone signed in & determine which groups will do what. Here are the projects we’ll try to tackle.

a.Guardrail installation to block illegal trails on Daniel Trail where people are driving over to the horse trails and making illegal bypasses off the trail.

b.Fill in mud hole on Daniel Trail and armor it with rock.

c.Take out some of the log / corduroy crossings on Dutch John Trail and replace them with rock armoring. Rock to be gathered along the trail where Terry’s gotten clearance from archaeologist. I’ll have the area flagged & marked for the “quarry” site we can use.

d.Chainsaw crew to ride trails and buck up logs and clear back branches hanging over trails if we have chainsaw certified people at the work day.

e.Guardrail installation on Falls Dam Trail where illegal ATV trails have been created (if we have enough folks & working augers).

Snappy said to plan on Brunswick Stew at 3 pm at the Dutch John Trailhead (aka Double Parking Lot). Make sure to bring water and snacks or a small lunch if you’re like me and can’t wait to 3 to eat something. If you haven’t sent me you Adopt-a-Trail Agreements, Volunteer Forms & Club Rosters please bring them on the 25th if you can. I’ll have some signed ones with me to give back to the clubs that have sent them into me already.
shovels, rock bars, sledge hammers, cables , chains & clamps etc. to haul the guardrail into place and bring the usual assortment of tools. If anyone with a tractor & auger is coming up please let Snappy & I know. Snappy – let me know if you’ve got another auger let me know.

Thanks a lot everyone. We’ll see you on January 25th!

Please bring work gloves, work boots, be dressed for the weather. Also, bring ratchet sets, wrenches,

Back