Jeep 4.0l CPS wiring diagram

SPOA87YJ

I am hoping one of you can chime in here....I've done some reading in the past hour but haven't found my answer.

I have the round plug style CPS coming from the bellhousing. Sensor is good. During a motor swap I discovered the harness side plug had been and new wires butt connected and terminated onto the sensor.

These wires came disconnected during the swap and weren't marked. I'm prepared to stand in the garage tomorrow and try all the combinations BUT hoping someone can confirm the A | B | C pole orientation back to the chassis harness for me.

The chassis side harness is from a 1992xj if that helps at all.

TIA :beer:

Im dont have a schematic unfortunately, but I can assure you you want hurt anything by trying whatever combo is present.

The sensor harness end of the CKPS has the wires in a flat orientation and are all the same color. Back in the day, @35xj and I were on Guardrail at Tellico when he lost a motor mount and ripped the wires from his crank sensor. We didn't have a spare, but luckily someone passing by did. However it had a different connector end. We did what you're about to do and tried the available combinations and it fired right up.

There is also an air gap for a crank sensor FYI. I usually cut a small piece of paper from an oil filter box, dab a bit of grease on it and stick it to the sensor. Hold the sensor down as you tighten it down and you're set. Then the flywheel turns over, it'll tear the paper shim off.

Call me if you need to. I'm pretty familiar with what you're up against.

Last edited:
@SPOA87YJ I just picked a year, if it's not right let me know and I will look it up again..
Screenshot_20170108-111406.png

Back