jeep parts injury

RenegadeT

no shirt,no shoes,no dice
So there I was on a hot Sunday afternoon digging a hole for this holly bush we picked up. My son was nearby playing with a pile of axleshafts I have. Barefoot wifey comes over to approve placement of aforementioned shrubbery and walks by 3.5 yr old who has 2 stub shafts loaded on a flat shovel, and is dragging a longside front axleshaft over. The mini-junk collector tries to pick up the shovel with the 3 shafts on it, but only succeeds in lauching the longside shaft, which of course lands directly on my wife's littlest piggy. I hear a terrible scream, and see her dancing around a longside axleshaft. Hmmm, I knew it was bad, but when she finally let me look at her toe, I could see spline marks! Now she's hobbling around, her toe is staring to get purple, we're wondering if its broken. Oh well, that's gonna feel good in the morning :eek:

Let me get this straight....

an axle shaft was dropped on your wife's pinky toe? And you question if its broken?!

It probably is, and theres not much to do to fix a toe.

You do realize what has happened don't you? You'll pay for this for a long, long time. You are ruined. Thirty years from now...you'll hear your wife saying "Remember when YOU dropped that axle on my....". You'll pay...

Barefoot wife.
Problem is - she shouldn't have left the kitchen.

(with that, I'm off to bed and run for cover)

Also, she is going to say "you have cleaned that junk up where the kid cant plat with it". Probably end up being your faultlike around my house.....good luck with the toe

Let me get this straight....
an axle shaft was dropped on your wife's pinky toe? And you question if its broken?!
It probably is, and theres not much to do to fix a toe.
I wouldn't say the it was dropped, she was about 10' away from the little guy. The velocity vector of the shaft had to have more horizontal than vertical. The kid probalby put all his 35lbs behind it though.
No question, just general chit chat at her expense :lol:
We figured it could be broken, but for a little toe, I hear they don't do much, so we didnt bother. That could change as today goes on, i could get a phone call saying come home and watch the kids, I doubt it though.
Barefoot wife.
Problem is - she shouldn't have left the kitchen.
(with that, I'm off to bed and run for cover)
yeah right, I was thinking something like that, but dared not say it in real life. Its easy being the internet tough guy :flipoff2:
Also, she is going to say "you have cleaned that junk up where the kid cant plat with it". Probably end up being your faultlike around my house.....good luck with the toe
oh, I already hear that all the time

put some ice on it and tell her to suck it up

water that darn holly bush everyday. mid summer is the hardest time of the year to plant a bush (for the bush)

Broke a pinky toe playing Soccer, it turned blackish/blueish within 3 days. They did nothing for it. I was told to try to keep my weight on the other side of my foot.....

ice, duct tape, and something that's at least 100 proof. her toe might still hurt like hell but at least you'll be passed out! :lol:
and like these knuckleheads have already said, it's your fault no matter what happens. hell, even before it happens! :flipoff2:

it's purple now, but wait..it will turn 5 different shades including black, if it's broken.

foot update...its just a little purple now, obviously not broken. She says she can't get a shoe on, but seems to be walking ok...
Dinner was ready when I got home, and she's making curtains right now, how's that Dave :huggy:

I need to break my wifes WHOLE leg!! HA!! HA!!! As I run for cover in the dog house!!

in the ER, what we usually do for toes is buddy tape them, i.e. tape the injured toe to the toe next to it for support.

for the comfort of the patient i may place a small piece of gauze between the toes, and i always use coban, the non adhesive tape that clings to itself. that way it won't hurt like hell when they unwrap it later.

in the ER, what we usually do for toes is buddy tape them, i.e. tape the injured toe to the toe next to it for support.

for the comfort of the patient i may place a small piece of gauze between the toes, and i always use coban, the non adhesive tape that clings to itself. that way it won't hurt like hell when they unwrap it later.
Aren't you a thoughtful and sweet guy. Remember, you're part of the family now, so you better be giving EXCELLENTcare.:flipoff2:

Have a couple holly bushes in my yard. I've always wondered what kind of dumbass actually plants one of these devil trees. Now I know...

:flipoff2:

Back