Jeep Update v4.2 T-7 days

Yay!Gurrr

Better Faster Stronger
1 week to paragon, im getting there :)

quick shots, of rear shock mounts. Looks like it will clear all around. Im doing a stagard setup to help with axle wrap, (1 forward / 1 rearward) Yes I know the lower mount pictured hangs a little low. I wanted to have optimal shock angle.

Attachments

• DSCF0115.JPG
    DSCF0115.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 694
  • DSCF0117.JPG
    DSCF0117.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 721
  • DSCF0118.JPG
    DSCF0118.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 657
skid plate - had edges bent up a little not sure if you can see that in the pic..

Gas tank - more progress, need to add flop tube, and cap it off...

Attachments

• DSCF0120.JPG
    DSCF0120.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 659
  • DSCF0114.JPG
    DSCF0114.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 688
me in my infinite sleep deprived wisdom failed to see the simplicity of simply putting the axle bracket on top in a similer angle and making the upper mount equally higher.. Thanks to my brother for pointing out the obvious and simple fix... Once again proving he got the brains while I only got good looks.

So i did that last night, no pics yet but its definitly much nicer... Other side tacked up, ill test them out this weekend when i get the tank sealed up and plumbed in...

that 300 with the emergency brake setup makes me drool. awesome. want to make one for me???

looking good mike, i know you are ready to get back on the trail....

Looks good. Where did you get the disk ebrake parts or what are they off of?

the disk was a D300 kit from Jess, (high angle driveline) it orinted the caliper on the right side and required alot of top room, large cable loop, or some 90* pull... I reworked the bracket to put it on top.

was a thread on the old board, let me see if I have the pics...

ok here was go, original/new i also added a return spring and a cable holder. I tought someone made one more situated like how i mod'd mine but at that point I wanted to get it done so i just fixed it..

ya im so friggen ready i cant stand it, jeep is a different story... :)

Attachments

• DSCF0747.JPG
    DSCF0747.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 646
  • dscf0764.jpg
    dscf0764.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 639
So, if you're building shock brackets, one might assume that you've finally decided where the rear shackle goes, no? :flipoff2:

Oh, and I'm gone this weekend, but if you need a hand early next week, you know where to find me.

ummmm not exactly :flipoff2: will do that tomarrow ...

actually yes, any night you can spare would be great. I hope im just wraping silly things up and either zip tieing or duck taping the rest together... but you never know..

thanks

basically i swaged the ride height with 1 2x4 block and a swag at the pinon angle and tacked it all where it sat... Im still figuring on a 1"-2" drop when the leafs settle in...

yager said:
me in my infinite sleep deprived wisdom failed to see the simplicity of simply putting the axle bracket on top in a similer angle and making the upper mount equally higher..

I hear ya... I've gotten myself brain-tangled on incredibly easy things...

Shawn - as long as the fixed eye is bolted up, it's close enough! Those stiff-ass alcan's won't flex for a couple of years anyway, and he'll need new shocks by then :flipoff2:

edit: didn't realize the perches weren't burned in yet, either... Don't be like that explorer guy from the video! (the one who did a SAS, and drove down the road with the perches just tacked in... tacks broke under braking, you can see him lose it)

o_O

A Dana 300 with a parking brake???? What'll they think of next??
:eek:

Back